Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Machine

Mid 1950s Hückel (Weilheim) Chevreau.

6283840608_cf01d2b4e7_b.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Nice work on that no-name, JD. Does your wife have any "moss green" shoes or purses? Just curious.

Mayserwegener, that Huckel has some stylish lines!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Johnny: Welcome, and congratulations on a great purchase and fine job with the hat's rejuvenation.

Steve: Beautiful. That ribbon is the very essence of class.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Mid 1950s Hückel (Weilheim) Chevreau.

6283840608_cf01d2b4e7_b.jpg

Wow. Steve, that is a grand hat. I can see that hat cutting some enormous style with many of the sport jackets in my closet. I like the hats dimensions and style. The ribbons folds are clean and add to the clean striking features. It makes a profound statement with such little fuss. Cheers for you and your hat sir.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Respectfully submitting my Adam Executive in an olive green. I am a small guy, but the "larger features" of the hat stands tall and still works.

IMG0263-L.jpg

The olive green can go from dark to almost a taupe color dependent on the directness of natural light. This 50's hat is just fun to wear. The widder ribbon around the crown matches the bigger dimensions of the hat well. The bound edge is well proportioned. The designer did well. The felt, while being firm still maintains a softer look. The softer open look is the bit "fluffier" work to the felt. The less dense felt offers a real subtlty that I enjoy. Certainly not an expensive hat in its time, 50's, but a fine lid.

Fun hat. Thanks for allowing me to share. Eric -

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Green can be such a wonderful color for a hat! Or a terrible one... Your Adam definitely falls in the first category, Eric! The larger proportions only add to the executive flair, for someone higher up the food chain, powerful and important!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Green can be such a wonderful color for a hat! Or a terrible one... Your Adam definitely falls in the first category, Eric! The larger proportions only add to the executive flair, for someone higher up the food chain, powerful and important!

I can only confirm., very poweful Hat, Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran