Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Machine

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
CRH said:
Man, after I saw that Brock in another thread it was obvious to me that you have come down with a seriously bad case of 'GhAS' (Green hat appreciation syndrome).

Well done, SF!
:eusa_clap

Thanks - it's pure luck, especially that they fit. Here's one I BIN'd this afternoon, just before heading to the ballgame (Angels 10, Mariners 0 :( )

I have no idea what it is, but it was cheap and interesting:

!BZgE3j!Bmk~$(KGrHgoH-CMEjlLl)s+(BKnBV5bc8g~~_12.JPG

The Spinner, by Schoble from the Kleinhans Co., Buffalo

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Thanks - it's pure luck, especially that they fit. Here's one I BIN'd this afternoon, just before heading to the ballgame (Angels 10, Mariners 0 :( )

I have no idea what it is, but it was cheap and interesting:

!BZgE3j!Bmk~$(KGrHgoH-CMEjlLl)s+(BKnBV5bc8g~~_12.JPG

The Spinner, by Schoble from the Kleinhans Co., Buffalo

You might really have something there. Fur felt with spiral or circular stitching? That and similar treatments had a short run back in the '30s. Interested to see more pics when it comes.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
billysmom said:
Here are my two:

It's such a versatile color, as so many of us have discovered.

It's really too bad we can't know for sure what names the manufacturers gave to these various shades of green.

One could get pretty creative with a color such as this.

August09auctions011.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
CRH said:
It's really too bad we can't know for sure what names the manufacturers gave to these various shades of green.

One could get pretty creative with a color such as this.

August09auctions011.jpg

That looks like something a Southern Bridezilla would pick for the male attendants :eek: :D (Oooh - let's not get tacky here ,,,)

SMS

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
You might really have something there. Fur felt with spiral or circular stitching? That and similar treatments had a short run back in the '30s. Interested to see more pics when it comes.

Thanks - it's in the 'new hats' thread, along with Marc's verification that it's mid-30's:

Schoble Spinner posts

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
thunderw21 said:
I had given a Monoco with this kind of similar markings on it, to Dee a while back. It was very interesting, you like yours?

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
bolthead said:
I had given a Monoco with this kind of similar markings on it, to Dee a while back. It was very interesting, you like yours?

Not exaggerating - it's one of the most amazing hats I've ever had. Part of it is that it's got the quality and attention to detail of a '30s hat, plus in near-perfect condition. In addition to the spiral stitching, it's a great color of green and has a very interesting taper - very high crown coming in at the sides.

I would love to have the same hat in a light blue-grey and a light-brown.

Here are a few more pics - the color is much more saturated in real life:

SchobleSide.jpg

SchobleTop.jpg

Drew B

One of the Regulars
this was my first hat ever!!! i like the brim its funky. It was already in cookies sydney group photo but this is a closer veiw.
9618_254609570013_888165013_8809300_888296_n.jpg

Cheers,
Drew.

munchausen

One of the Regulars
Needs a bit of work, but this is my stingy olive Royal Stetson. I wanted a green hat in the mix, but the crown's a bit squashed and the ribbon is wrinked. Some shots of steam and a good brushing and she'll be on my head in no time... I really need to find a green like some of the beautiful hats on this thread.

3900196614_a1f9222365_m.jpg

3900197620_960495515c_m.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
mayserwegener said:
I have so many green (all shades) hats I could fill five pages. I will go with this Goldsiegel Trachten - OR hybrid.

I certainly will not complain to anyone if you bogart this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy