Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hatter Toronto

Justdog

Practically Family
Toronto Hatter

That is correct they do not make their own and are known for cleaning and blocking only. The Father owned the store and the son runs it now. They have a lot of experience from Biltmore but the owner never hand crafted hats.
Steve Temkin on the other hand is just getting his custom beaver hat fedora business completed for operation. I tried to upload a pdf but was not successful anyone wanting the info can help me do this. Look like real sweet customs hats, finally a local Toronto Hatter.:eusa_clap

Canadave

One Too Many
...Steve Temkin on the other hand is just getting his custom beaver hat fedora business completed for operation. I tried to upload a pdf but was not successful anyone wanting the info can help me do this. Look like real sweet customs hats, finally a local Toronto Hatter.:eusa_clap

This is Temkin's web site. I live in Toronto, and I just heard about him for the first time today.

http://leondrexler.com/leondrexler.com/About.html

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'd like to see a hat in the indigo black color. A nice, dark blue is pretty hard to find.

Hoyt Clagwell

One of the Regulars
Today I got my Stetson Bear Creek (Chatham) back from the Hatter. I had dropped it off a couple of weeks ago while passing through Toronto. I had them clean and block it and picked out a nice grosgrain ribbon to replace the leather band. I am very pleased with how it came back, it looks better than new, and this hat has been abused terribly in the last year. I wish I would have taken before and after pictures.
While I was at the shop the Borsalinos caught my eye, but the price was a little out of my range that day.(And many forseeable days)
Nice little shop though, easy to find and worth stopping if in Toronto.

Last edited:

GRIM

New in Town
Sorry to revise such an old post...But I am a new member and used this great site to find the Hatter in Toronto.....I wanted to save some vintage hats ......so I went to the hatter on Avenue Rd ...they were great.....they cleaned and blocked my hats and shipped them out to get new leather bands stitched in.......I am now on a mission to save more old hats....some for me and some to pass on.....just to keep good hats where they belong....on TOP........GRIM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran