Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The High and the Mighty w/ John Wayne

Hamsterjeep

New in Town
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINALLY!!! Will be released 8/2/05
THE HIGH AND THE MIGHTY
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...16011/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/103-5236593-9339808

Also Island in the Sky will be released at the same time. These two films are based on Ernie Gann books, and are the only two John Wayne movies never released by the Wayne Estate, until now. There have been several reasons that these have been held back for so long, the Wayne family claims that the original print was deteriorated and was barely saved, others claim the family was holding out for maximim profits. Regardless, I've only seen the movie once years ago (American Movie Classics ran it when they first came on cable TV, and before they had commercials during the movies like they do now. Like an idiot, I didn't record it- I didn't think it wouldn't be shown for 10 years!)This is the original "Airport" movie!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have pre ordered it

I pre ordered the two disk movie, and I hope it is good. I clearly remember "Fate Is The Hunter" starring Glenn Ford (excellent movie), but I cannot remember seeing "High and the Mighty"..so I am excited.

Should look great on my new Sony wide screen TV!

I also pre ordered the complete THE THIN MAN collection. I am tickled pink that these classics are once again emerging. :cheers1:

Hamsterjeep

New in Town
The High and the Mighty

Well, Amazon.com came through today, as the mailman dropped off the 2-disc set "The High and ther Mighty" and the 2nd never realeased John Wayne movie, "Island in the Sky". I viewed the first movie today, and it's a beautiful restoration, and a not so bad plot line. Remember, this movie was made in the mid 1950's so it's a little dated, but a great movie nonetheless. I'll watch "Island in the Sky" later on tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy