Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The History Channel

Chas

One Too Many
History teachers will find this interesting (albeit a little :eek:fftopic: )

There is a fascinating trend among Japanese teen and twenty-something women: increasing numbers of them are obsessed with history. Particularly the Sengoku Jidai period; they are referred to as History Girls - they generally have the hots for long-dead Daimyo and Samurai warriors. Apparently the young men of Japan are so disinterested in the opposite sex that the girls are gravitating toward their b@lls-to-the-wall, die-fighting-and-be-glad-to-do-it ancestors.

Fascinating, if a bit weird. Well, on second thought, not weird. Young women want their men to be MEN.

filfoster

One Too Many
Bushido

Chas said:
History teachers will find this interesting (albeit a little :eek:fftopic: )

There is a fascinating trend among Japanese teen and twenty-something women: increasing numbers of them are obsessed with history. Particularly the Sengoku Jidai period; they are referred to as History Girls - they generally have the hots for long-dead Daimyo and Samurai warriors. Apparently the young men of Japan are so disinterested in the opposite sex that the girls are gravitating toward their b@lls-to-the-wall, die-fighting-and-be-glad-to-do-it ancestors.

Fascinating, if a bit weird. Well, on second thought, not weird. Young women want their men to be MEN.

I for one hope the young men of Japan do NOT follow this example! This mindset created enough mischief last century for Japan to be 'paid ahead' for quite some time.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The series on Hitlers Bodyguard was fascinating with awesome archival footage. They attempted to assassinate the guy something like 33 times in his career...all unsuccessful. Apparently his habit of changing plans abruptly helped. The rest was (diabolical) luck. The program on the Zonderzug super train was especially interesting as I had never heard of it.

Chas

One Too Many
filfoster said:
I for one hope the young men of Japan do NOT follow this example! This mindset created enough mischief last century for Japan to be 'paid ahead' for quite some time.

They don't have to get all militaristic, but they could try taking off the aprons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner