Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Holiday Dress Dilemma

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
The Shirt said:
I thought perhaps I could re-style something I wore a number of years ago

Or you could just wear something you wore a few years ago. Really, no one is going to remember what you wore to the holiday party in 2004.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Wow! looks like the votes are for the green! I suppose that is more holiday festive. I appreciate all the comments. Do you ever simply think in your head - I'm a little bored with the way I wear this dress and I wish I had some new ideas for it. I knew you guys would have some ideas. Maybe I could make a fabulous sash across the pootchie belly part much like the pink dress has.

Or you could just wear something you wore a few years ago. Really, no one is going to remember what you wore to the holiday party in 2004.
I work with designers and they really watch and pay attention to who wears what (usually in a nice way). To be honest dressing vintage has made my own grave - some people tend to watch what I'm wearing perhaps because they find it quirky or something. I have honestly had a number of people bring up something I've worn to the party years later - so strange! So I really enjoy wearing something different every year. I guess I get a kick out of the attention I suppose.

lyburnum

Practically Family
Perhaps you could add a cummerbund sash or overskirt to it like in this pattern:

b5032wd3.jpg

lyburnum

Practically Family
I think the cummerbund in that pattern just ties at the back and the overskirt has a zip and button in the side - so it'd probably be a perfect pattern for you!

anabolina

A-List Customer
You look gorgeous in those pics and so do your dresses. I like the green, but I love the flowered one and the reddish ornage one. Good luck with whichever one you choose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97