Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hollywood Waist-

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root, Those are some "Harold Teen" looking trousers. Definately before the war and rationing.
Jack, Swell looking threads. Where did you say one could buy a pair?

With his never-slacking thirst for Adventure,
The Wolf

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Here are my thoughts

ShanghaiJack said:
Thanks again, and let me know what you think.
ShanghaiJack

I think they look well made and elegant.
Do the legs taper toward the cuff? Or are they wide all the way to the break?
One almost needs to see them on you.
Those ties are beautiful - how do you get around the short lengths?

Scotrace

ShanghaiJack

One of the Regulars
HollyWood Waist Pants

Gents,
Thank you all for your interest. I previously stated, I never originally intended to offer these for resale. I only had them produced for myself and a few friends whom "live in the past" like me...
Now I will make them available, including other styles from the 30's and early 40's. I will be in contact with my factory this week. The originals were size 36, and my copies were all made in size 36. I will have to modify waist sizes for the consumer. So those interested let me know your waist sizes, and the length will be left unfinished. Email me your particulars, and in the emails subject line use Fedora Lounge or HollyWood Waist so that the emails are not inadvertantly deleted. Price, I will determine this after contacting the factory and cloth supplier. I assure you I will not hyper inflate their cost. The shipping is the most expensive aspect to their price, the pants themselves may be around $30.00-$50.00 U.S. per pair. Colour choices: 4 solid colours in gabardine will be made available: Grey, Tan, Black, and Dark Blue. Others like the speckled Creme/Brown, Navy/Ice Blue, Black/Kelly Green, could be available if there is interest. Thank you all for your kindness, and interest. Keep Swinging!

Tails Up!
ShanghaiJack

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whoa!!

I was at the Neiman Marcus outlet yesterday, and shoved in a rack of "stuff" was a pair of amazing Hollywood waist pants, and my heart leapt! The label was "Oxxford Clothes", so I was already a bit nervous, and then I saw the price tag. OUTLET PRICE is $550. I put them back on the rack, grabbed my gal and headed for the door!
Ummm, Shanghai Jack.........HURRY!!
flat-top

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Around Here, We Call It

flat-top said:
I was at the Neiman Marcus outlet yesterday......I saw the price tag. OUTLET PRICE is $550.

That's why I like to call them, "Neiman Markup!"

Amazing that you found something like that anywhere in a modern store.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
It's good to know Oxxford makes that type of trousers. They are a very high quality suit company, and I have been looking for a suit that comes with high-waisted pants (which is hard to find.)

ShanghaiJack

One of the Regulars
HollyWood Waist ***Update***

Gents,
Just a quick note to let you know that the Trousers are still a "go". I am, with the great assistence of my overseas staff, putting the logistics together. This will take some time [perfectionist me], but I assure you well worth the wait. So thank you again for your interest, and stay tuned!

Tails Up!
ShanghaiJack

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I haven't been following this thread until now, and this is an interesting development.

As I have never seen vintage pants with a Hollywood waist, I'm wondering, were there separate styles for belts and braces? Or were buttons added to the belt-looped pants for use with braces. Just wondering, as I don't wear belts, just braces.

Brad

Wild Root

Gone Home
I have a few suits with Hollywood waisted pants. They do have buttons with belt loops. They made it posable for you to have a choice in the matter.

Some men like belts, some don't. It's up to you. I have seen custom made Hollywood waisted pants with suits that have no belt loops. Just buttons on the out side of the waist band. Cool look!

Root.

ShanghaiJack

One of the Regulars
*UPDATE* HollyWood Waist Pants

Gents,
All is not forgotten lads! The process is slow, but the quality will be high. The wheels continue to turn, just a few development hiccups to iron out, but the trousers and other items should be available this Fall. I will make available fabric samples/catalog soon to those interested. Thank You!

Tails Up!
ShanghaiJack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points