Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Holy Grail of Suits

nightandthecity

Practically Family
The Wingnut said:
I'm a 34 - 36 with a 28 to 29" waist.

I'd make that suit look good.

if there's enough material in the seat seam a good tailor could probably let the trousers out to 28...or you could always not eat for a few weeks, I'd say a small sacrifice in this case

Wild Root

Gone Home
nightandthecity said:
Alas it seems it is 1930s small - 27" waist trousers and 36 jacket. I will join you large types in just drooling.

1930's small? No such thing my friend.;) They're all small! Like I mentioned before, most of these suits we find were probably worn by young men who were in their teens. I know for a fact that not every one was a short stub back in those days! These sizes are what's coming up because they were grown out of before they could wear them out I think. Makes sense yes?

So, in a case, we're all grown men who are drooling over kid's clothes! :p

=WR=

The Wingnut

One Too Many
My best suit didn't sell because everyone thought that it was a boy's suit, including the dealer that I bought it from. I know for a fact that my grandfather was shorter than I am...then again, the label on my green suit says 'Campus Clad', so it's not entirely unthinkable that it really was a high schooler or college student's suit! Then again, I'm the same height and weight as when I graduated from high school...well, a while ago.

I forsee myself gaining considerable amounts in the arms and chest soon, however. Basic training has a tendency to do that. Hope my suits fit when I come back. (nothing definite...yet...still have to pass some intense exams)

shamus

Suspended
Wild Root said:
You?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re welcome Shamus, I hope I didn't offend you in anyway; I just wanted to shed some light on the truth about the patch pocket style.

If I came off rude, I'm sorry buddy! Some times when I describe something, it can come off a little off.;)

=WR=

no worries....

Great link, Scotrace! Thanks for bringing it back to the surface.

You know what we could do? Set up a Permanent Reference section here on the Lounge where selected charts, images and articles would be placed by our bartenders for easy viewing. A kind of image/text library, if you will. That way, links like Scotrace's wouldn't get lost in masses of posts. (It's a hassle to have to dig them up again and again.)

Just a thought. Think it's feasible, MK?

Does Douglas Fairbanks' suit look familiar?

johnfairfuneral3.jpg

Why yes, it does. ;)

74_1.jpg

62_1.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Hahah, that's something to find a photo of some one wearing a suit like that one! Don't know if the vest is pleated but, who cares right? It's a cool suit nevertheless!

Sharp business!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes