Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Last decent Alpha Ma-1 ?

Edward

Bartender
Well. the "68 Edition" came and it is an outstanding jacket. With wool lining, Scovill Zips and the perfect vintage profile. The PERFECT jacket. However..............................It's Too small!

You couldn't make it up could you? So now I'm looking to buy a third one that hopefully fits this time.

Just one question. does anyone know which years when Alpha went from wool to poly lining?

As memory serves the military spec shifted in '68, so presumably Alpha's materials changed to reflect this at that point in time too.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I've already got it on UK ebay, hopefully get a portion of my money back. I've just ordered my THIRD jacket from japoan. an Alpha Vintage series in Green with the USAF badge on the sleeve. I'll take the alpha tag off the sleeve if it fits. wish me luck men, Third time lucky!
If you come across a Replica Series in Japan then don't hesitate. Amazing stuff.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've already got it on UK ebay, hopefully get a portion of my money back. I've just ordered my THIRD jacket from japoan. an Alpha Vintage series in Green with the USAF badge on the sleeve. I'll take the alpha tag off the sleeve if it fits. wish me luck men, Third time lucky!

The Vintage series are good for what they are and fit true to size, I have three and find them excellent every day wearers. Textiles aren’t the best but certainly on a par with modern Alphas.

Geordiebri

New in Town
And finally. In the end I am now the proud owner of an Alpha Vintage series in the Sage Green. It's an almost perfect fit and looks great IMHO. I've now had three jackets through my hands in the last few weeks, although all of them different. I would have been more than happy to wear all three, size permitting. What I've learned is there are a lot of nuances that only nerds like us would be interested in, but hey, we like what we like and of course, it's got to be right hasn't it? So there you go. Thanks a lot everyone here for the great advice men.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
And finally. In the end I am now the proud owner of an Alpha Vintage series in the Sage Green. It's an almost perfect fit and looks great IMHO. I've now had three jackets through my hands in the last few weeks, although all of them different. I would have been more than happy to wear all three, size permitting. What I've learned is there are a lot of nuances that only nerds like us would be interested in, but hey, we like what we like and of course, it's got to be right hasn't it? So there you go. Thanks a lot everyone here for the great advice men.
Photo's or it didn't happen! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner