Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Latest from Mr. Fawcett!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's one sharp hat. What color is the felt?
Is "Mojave" the color?

Did the crown come blocked like that?
Oh, and I think the light stripe in the bow
really works on this one.

Congrats.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Is the light stripe on the bow a comtempory twist on the classic style of this hat? I have noticed other FL members getting this done and I don't think it is Golden Era at all. But please correct me if anyone knows of examples from the '30s and '40s. Even if it is not G'Era style I think it (the bow) does look smart, in a contempory way.

Thoughts?

Joel Tunnah

Practically Family
Mr. 'H' said:
...I don't think it is Golden Era at all.

That my friend is the great thing about Art's work. They are vintage style hats, yet uniquely Art's creations as well, and you won't find another one just like it out there.

Michael - great hat. Looks sorta like mine! ;)

Joel

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Eat your heart out Glad...

Great color and its masterly made. Is the ribbon wine colored ? :eusa_clap

7a6c.jpg

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Very nice!

Congrats on a great hat! I go out to Medford, OR every fall to go fishing with my buddy and my godson. I think this year I may have to see about stopping in to see Art about making a hat for me.

Art, from here it looks like you're a very lucky man! Living in Southern Oregon and working at a craft you obviously love. I'd planned to move to that area when I retired from the USAF last year but it didn't work out for various reasons. I love it out there, though, and always get a "coming home" feeling when the plane is approaching the Medford airport.

Cheers,
Tom

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Great looking hat. I had my hat by Art done in mojave also and I really love it. In fact, Friday night I inadvertently got a drop of wine on it. I padded it down with clear water and when it dried the spot was gone!:eek: Great pick of color and style.:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran