Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the leopard can never change its spots

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
DorothyMalonePPb.jpg

Dorothy Malone http://stirredstraightup.blogspot.com/

I love the touch of animal print, very classy!

Tuesday_Next

Familiar Face
I just ordered a pair of Franco Sarto leopard espadrilles for summer today! (And I hadn't even perused this post yet so now I'm certain it was a good purchase).
The shoes look like this:
_6357179.jpg

My local department store was having a trunk show today. I'll get them in a few weeks.
(Available at the Nordstrom's web site, if anyone is curious.

I also have a big leopard scarf like the one pictured on Dita:
dita-von-teese-pilates-flexible-05.jpg

from Goldwyn Girl's post but I never knew how to wear so that it looked chic and stylish. I think I'm going to have to try the big bow. Tres fantastique!

(This is one of my first post's so if I did anything wrong, I apologize in advance for my naivete.)

Rocketblast

One of the Regulars
I sign that. For some reason animal prints on men just look wrong.

Funnily enough I had this conversation with my fella last night (having not seen this topic) - Chris Evans (bespectacled ginger haired DJ for non-UK loungers) was wearing a leopard print shirt on TV last night and he really couldn't pull it off. I think some men can, but it depends entirely on the coolness of the man. For instance, Johnny Depp could do a bit of leopard print as he is naturally cool and stylish. Iggy Pop, Keith Richards, the same. I have the same thoughts about jewellery on men. A leopard print collar rockabilly style is usually okay. Best with tattoos. I am now going to spend five hours looking for pictures of Johnny Depp... ;)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Interesting point, Rocketblast. I think that androgynous men can pull it off as well, and beautiful men can wear whatever they please!

11278M039002_1_2.jpg
11278M039002_3_2.jpg

topman-leopard-print-t-shirt.jpg

l_p1022271934.jpg

I like all of the above.

djd

Practically Family
Gosh! I think that first one looks dreadful! I'm not keen on any of them (and I'm speaking as someone who's worn more than his share of daft things over the years) but the first guy looks awful IMHO

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Hm, you might be right, The clothes (Givenchy!) and the pose aren't that flattering, but I think I'm blinded by his inherent beauty. I couldn't find any pics, but I imagine a young Mick Jagger would look good in leopard.

MissMeraRose

New in Town
As a child I insisted upon wearing all leopard ensembles. haha Actually, I have one photo of my younger self in a leopard t-shirt, leopard cigarette pants, leopard shoes and red lipstick ;)

I still adore it to this day. People call me "Kitty" because of my penchant for leopard print.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Fans of leopard skins should look up a book called " Red House". It is about the oldest continuously occupied house in New England, built in 1647. During renovations the owners discovered that at one time, the inside had been completely decorated in a leopard skin motif.

An expert on the history of interior decorating explained that in the 1830s and 40s there was a fad for leopard patterns in the US. The first leopard was brought to the country and exhibited in New England at that time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner