Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the leopard can never change its spots

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Grace Coddington
pw_10040601_GRACE_CODDINGTON_WITH_DACHSHUN.jpg

found here http://iamthechildofthemoon.blogspot.com

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
shutterbug said:
I bought this dress a few months back and I wear it every chance I get!! At first I wasn't so sure because it is a bit wild but I find throwing a black cardigan over it helps :)

heidi-dress-leopard.jpg

Bombshell Becca said:
I have bee wanting this dress for a while but haven't bought it becase it look a tad on the short side.

How do you like the fit/length?
Ashley is 5 foot 8

CherryBubbles

New in Town
Sure, this isn't as glamorous as the other photos shared here (nor as "wild" as the fabulous dress that shutterbug posted), but my Great-Aunt Helen certainly had a bold style... I just about fell over when I found this late 1950s photo of her wearing a leopard print dress :eek:

AuntHelen001.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
CherryBubbles said:
Sure, this isn't as glamorous as the other photos shared here (nor as "wild" as the fabulous dress that shutterbug posted), but my Great-Aunt Helen certainly had a bold style... I just about fell over when I found this late 1950s photo of her wearing a leopard print dress :eek:

AuntHelen001.jpg
I love seeing the big gals flaunting some style! This is fantastic!

Berlin

Practically Family
I have nothing with leopard, but on some people it just looks amazing if it's not overdone. A tiny little leopard detail here and there can be beautiful, but not for me.

Tho I must say that I've seen some beautiful pics flying by.

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Cherry Lips your brolleys lovely, I have one similar but it's purple leopard! I seem to be attracted to animal prints the older I get, here's some shoe's I have, I like to accessories with print rather than wear it head to toe.
CIMG2584.jpg

MetroRetroVtg

New in Town
cherry lips said:
I've become mildly obsessed with leopard print as of late, and I can't seem to get enough of it. I know it was very popular in the 50s and 60s, but what about before then? How far back does this craving for animal print spots go? Please share leo pics and fill me in on the history!

Love all of the fabulous pics! I'm a big leopard print lover, but the only one in my household, lol.

I think that Schiaparelli was the first??? to introduce the faux leopard style (not 100% sure though).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW