Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Macumazahn

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Here's my first home-grown adventure hat, bashed by your's truly.

Of course, I had to name it after you-know-who, who's hat also became the basis for this bash.

SPECS:

Color- kangaroo or fawn.
Brim- 4.5 inches as of pictures. Getting it cut down to about 3-3.5 inches tomorrow afternoon.
Crown- about 4.5-5 inches.

It's unlined and it has no sweatband. The hat band I had made for $20. The blank itself cost about $30. It's rabbit felt, and is fairly thick though pretty soft too.

There is one more image coming from this evening, but these are taking forever to upload so I'll post it in a bit.

Kodiak

A-List Customer
And the final pic for today...

You can't really get the scope of the size of that hat without seeing this pic.

Steve

Practically Family
Very nice; very worthy of its title. That kind of hat is what I always imagine the [literary] Quatermain wearing.

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Steve said:
Very nice; very worthy of its title. That kind of hat is what I always imagine the [literary] Quatermain wearing.

Yeah... I tried to throw my own style in that you don't often get when somebody else builds it for you. This blank was freaking cheap too...

Russ

One of the Regulars
Now there's a name that got my attention. Great choice, and can be used as a secret password for those who have read the books. :)

Great looking hat, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97