Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE MALLORY MILE

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the Nokabout comments, guys.

Zetwal, it's the same hat - didn't feel quite right for me with the teardrop crease so I changed to the center crease instead. I'm much more comfortable with it now.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Zetwal, it's the same hat - didn't feel quite right for me with the teardrop crease so I changed to the center crease instead. I'm much more comfortable with it now.

I understand. Comfort is what's important!

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
To stop my green Mallory from getting too lonely, I recently acquired a nice Nokabout.

It's a stylish hat and very light and comfortable to wear.

D328172-L.jpg

D328175-L.jpg

Very nice for Nocking About on the weekend!

I like EVERYTHING about that one David. Color, crease ribbon ALL of it!

juggles

New in Town
Just got this on Ebay for next to nothing. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Size tag is missing but it fits like a 7 1/8. Has a union label inside the band.

Last edited:
Mallory The Dallas

Very soft Pliafelt and supple, flexible brim. I would say I prefer this to the 1950's Stetson branded 3X. Fixed button and cord without loops - appears to be a decorative, non-functional wind trolley.

dallas1.jpg

dallas2.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Mallory Aristocrat Derby

An Aristocrat Quality Derby. United Hatters stamp, rolled sweatband with taped rear seam and earlier, black cloth size tag. Moderately full proportions with a tall, very slightly tapered and rounded crown. Though tagged as 7-3/8, it is dimensionally identical to my size 7-1/2 derbys.

Crown: 5-1/2".
RIbbon: 1-1/2".
Brim: 2-1/8" fore and aft.
Sweatband: 2".

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
An Aristocrat Quality Derby. United Hatters stamp, rolled sweatband with taped rear seam and earlier, black cloth size tag. Moderately full proportions with a tall, very slightly tapered and rounded crown.

Very nice looking Derby ... :yo:

Very nice! Derbies are so much the same and yet so different in subtle ways. From your earlier pictures showing both new derbies I preferred the Mallory on you over the C&K. Seeing the squarish lines more clearly confirms that opinion. It's a good block for your noggin!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
zetwal: I appreciate your kind words. :yo:

Alan: Thanks, my friend. Derbies are fascinating. So similar in color and general style, yet so very different when studied closely. The C & K has a very tall, nearly 6" rounded crown, and a very narrow brim with pronounced curl. The Mallory's more moderate proportions and slight taper makes it appear less dramatic, at least to the modern aesthetic. I have a particular soft spot for the C & K.

I will be posting some comparison photos between several derbies shortly in the Bowlers/Derbies thread.

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I'm really loving this gem that Robert was kind enough to sell to me. The color doesn't show well in the photos, but it has a golden patina to the tan.
9324eecd4ef0170c1324143855.jpeg

The trolley is just for show; it seems to be sewed into place:
2184eecd5689eedf1324143976.jpeg

The sweat has a moisture barrier:
0444eecd5ccb640f1324144076.jpeg

Cool marketing, too:
0694eecd64d5ada31324144205.jpeg

1314eecd69c8e25b1324144284.jpeg

Thanks for indulging my enthusiasm!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members