Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE MALLORY MILE

HatsEnough

Banned
I forgot to add my late 40s Mallory "Plastic Felt" to the Mallory thread.

I was not sure what to expect, but I have to say it's a sporty little hat. I like it.

The second photo below matches the color of the hat perfectly.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

This one was made in the late 40s by Stetson after they bought the Mallory name.

This one went for cheap, but it is a pretty rare hat. If I am not mistaken, we've only seen one other like it on the Lounge (that one carried the Stetson imprint instead of Mallory).

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Mallory Classic Quality

I was able to grab this super Mallory a while ago while Douglas was having his little hat sale.

It quickly became a favorite, I love the colour, the style and the ribbon detail. One of those hats that makes you feel good while wearing it!

D328138-L.jpg

D328130-L.jpg

D328142-L.jpg

D328133-L.jpg

D328143-L.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Mallory magic, David! :eusa_clap There is an indescribable something about these older Mallorys that I find particularly charming...a distinctive flair and swagger...

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Mallory Classic Quality

I was able to grab this super Mallory a while ago while Douglas was having his little hat sale.

It quickly became a favorite, I love the colour, the style and the ribbon detail. One of those hats that makes you feel good while wearing it!
D328130-L.jpg

I like this hat a lot. This would be a worthy hat to commission a custom model of.

IMO, this hat has an attitude. Worn level at the brow, the swoop of the brim, dents, creases all say "I got a mission." The hat profile looks to be on the move and I imagine it should aid the wearer on daily travels. Perhaps the profile of the hat reminds you, when seeing your reflection that you are on the move, or an action statement - "I got a mission." A hat like this should be in my wardrobe.

Thanks for sharing this fine hat model. Wear the hat well, Eric -

DJH

I'll Lock Up
AL, Alan, Eric, thanks for the kind comments on the Mallory. This is definitely a hat that I'm thrilled to have in my little collection.

Hey Eric - custom model, eh? You've just given me a great idea!!

HatsEnough

Banned
It's a Mallory fifteen, folks...

scaled.php

The only problem is the leather sweat is a bit rough. Edges rough and it is split right at where it is sewed to itself in the back. The hat itself, though is in fantastic condition. No mothing, not problems or stains.
It has a generous 2-7/8 brim, too.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
nice one I saw that one on eBay would have gotten it if it was my size. Any thoughts on the age of the hat. Its in the Gay Prince style so I am wondering if it is post Stetson purchase model. I try to keep my Mallory's pre Stetson purchase.

HatsEnough

Banned
nice one I saw that one on eBay would have gotten it if it was my size. Any thoughts on the age of the hat. Its in the Gay Prince style so I am wondering if it is post Stetson purchase model. I try to keep my Mallory's pre Stetson purchase.

I'd have to agree that it is mid to late 50s after Stetson bought Mallory.

rlk

I'll Lock Up

As I've said before, the Mallory factory continued for some time with only a corporate ownership change. No real change post WW2 through 50's other than those reflected in all makers. They were not produced by Stetson.

Screen%252520shot%2525202011-09-09%252520at%2525201.49.13%252520PM.png

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Robert I what I am interested in is earlier 15 and 25 styles of Mallory's. This model is from the 50's with the gay prince styling while nice it doesn't fit in the style of Mallory I am interested in. Just limiting my vintage collections to certain years and model's

DJH

I'll Lock Up
To stop my green Mallory from getting too lonely, I recently acquired a nice Nokabout.

It's a stylish hat and very light and comfortable to wear.

D328172-L.jpg

D328175-L.jpg

D328180-L.jpg

D328183-L.jpg

Very nice for Nocking About on the weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic