Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE MALLORY MILE

Monte

A-List Customer
Found this in a local, high end pre-owned store. Love that a straw can be snapped. I never really though it was possible. I'm happy...might give it a slight pinch, though.
bd510475-93fd-4643-bbd6-d06b5d4ff6c7_zps8f5b1ba2.jpg

Found this in a local, high end pre-owned store. Love that a straw can be snapped. I never really though it was possible. I'm happy...might give it a slight pinch, though.

GREAT hat, Monte. Needs no pinch IMHO. Screams classic. And You absolutely ROCK the hat in that photo.
BTW; on mixing patterns, I didn't know there were rules! Thanks for the comment.

Monte

A-List Customer
GREAT hat, Monte. Needs no pinch IMHO. Screams classic. And You absolutely ROCK the hat in that photo.
BTW; on mixing patterns, I didn't know there were rules! Thanks for the comment.

Ok, Hats'Rme. I'll leave it classic, despite the screams... I'm just not used to flashy hats like this Mallory. Speaking of that...

Calling all Mallory experts. I'm assuming this hat is all original--so just by dimensions in my last post, shape, bound edge, and cummerbund-like ribbon. Any thoughts on what year it was made? Just curious.
Grainy, black, leather sweat. Original price on label inside is $5.95. Seems low for a nice Mallory straw....must be decades old.
86970d2b-804e-4cf9-851d-cfb06cc7cebd_zps2f567ca0.jpg

cce6e255-1a0e-4fc2-8995-938bb54f6a50_zpsabca78ff.jpg

Ok, Hats'Rme. I'll leave it classic, despite the screams... I'm just not used to flashy hats like this Mallory. Speaking of that...

Calling all Mallory experts. I'm assuming this hat is all original--so just by dimensions in my last post, shape, bound edge, and cummerbund-like ribbon. Any thoughts on what year it was made? Just curious.
Grainy, black, leather sweat. Original price on label inside is $5.95. Seems low for a nice Mallory straw....must be decades old.

A few decades. I'll hazard a guess of around 1960+. Maybe a more expert set of eyes will correct or confirm this guess.

The l'il cummerbund thingy is a "puggary, puggarree, puggry, or pug," for short. IMHO the overall look of this great straw might be labeled casual, not flashy. But what are you worrying about?! Again, YOU ROCK this style in the photo, Monte!:eusa_clap

Monte

A-List Customer
HatsRme, thanx. Casual it is. I just haven't had any straws with a three inch ribbon before.haha
I see you have a formidable collection of lids by looking at your recent pic taken in you hat room, I presume. I've seen an old Penny's Marathon straw sitting around that looked just like mine but it's tiny.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Nick, ypur hat screams 30s. Also, yours has the same union label & Mallory Re-order tag as my new 30 Mallory heather posted on the previous page! Sorry to hear about the sweat though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick