Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Marx Brothers thread

Kiri

One of the Regulars
The infamous "Gookie":

harpomarx800wi.jpg

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
One of the lines that my best friend and I like to share was inspired by A Night at the Opera (I think): "5x5x5 crap in a 4x4x4 space." She was trying to fit all of her stuff in a small apartment at the time we coined this.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Many people don't know that Harpo actually had a speaking role in a film before the Marx Brothers themselves made their first picture. It was a Richard Dix comedy called "Too Many Kisses," and since it was made in 1925, it was a silent picture.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I'm on the organizing committee for a very exciting series of events coming up in May of this year: Marxfest, a month-long celebration of all things Marx Brothers in the brothers’ hometown, NYC.

You can check out the calendar of events at marxfest.com (some of the festival's most exciting events aren't listed yet, but they will be added very shortly). The one I'm looking forward to most (the one I'm free to talk about, anyway)? The first performance (a staged reading) in 90 years of the Marxes' first Broadway play, "I'll Say She Is."

You can also listen to our streaming radio station, which is loaded with an appealing blend of songs associated with the Marxes and, of course, comedy routines. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

We’ve launched a Kickstarter campaign to help cover expenses (this is a labor of love, not a commercial or for-profit endeavor), so please, view the video below and chip in if you can. Any amount is appreciated, but there are some very cool premiums available at various levels of support.

And by all means, please share this with every Marx Brothers fan (in other words, every right-thinking citizen of the world) you know!

[video=youtube_share;D8rx817f7SA]http://youtu.be/D8rx817f7SA[/video]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR