Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Middy Thread

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Hey, fantastic tutorial, thank you so much! I just got a cut so I'll have to wait a bit to try it out. But I'll certainly let you know how it went when I do!

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
Whoa C-Dot, that was super easy! It really took no time at all and the instructions were so easy to follow. I didn't take too much off so my hair is still significantly longer than a middy long but the layers are there. I just did a quick sponge roller set and I'll be eagerly awaiting the results come tomorrow morning.

Of course since my man has my camera I can't take photos to show you all the fruits of my labor.:rage:

But I just wanted to say "cheers" to C-Dot's tutorial! :eusa_clap

Lenore

Practically Family
Jenniferose7 said:
Whoa C-Dot, that was super easy! It really took no time at all and the instructions were so easy to follow. I didn't take too much off so my hair is still significantly longer than a middy long but the layers are there. I just did a quick sponge roller set and I'll be eagerly awaiting the results come tomorrow morning.

Of course since my man has my camera I can't take photos to show you all the fruits of my labor.:rage:

But I just wanted to say "cheers" to C-Dot's tutorial! :eusa_clap

Let us know, Jennifer! That would be a significant weight off my shoulders (ha!) to try and find someone to do it if it's really that easy...:D

Edited to point out unintended pun. :p

jessesgirl08

One of the Regulars
ok so i did it

with the help of my hubby i cut my hair following the tutorial and i love love love my hair! it feels so light and my curls are so bouncy and free. it was 10x easier to do my hair this morning! ;) i have yet try try out other styles as this morning i just did victory rolls and threw a flower in my hair, so i am very excited to play with it. thanks c dot for the great tutorial:eusa_clap

YAY!!!

I love how this worked out! Excuse the pics. My LCD is broken so I shot these blind. The second one is lightened to you can see the layers in the back.
4352352124_e4ee1bd082_o.jpg

4352353580_6025d1355c_o.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
I wish my reaction were more lady like but...

Holy Crap!!!! Cherry Red, you look amazing! :eusa_clap I wish there was a way to whistle in a forum, lol.

PS Love the robe too!

Lenore

Practically Family
I did it! Too impatient to wait til the weekend.

Impressions: Soooo easy! I left it a bit longer than Laura's tutorial and my husband's thoughts before I curled it were "uh....nuh uh." So this should be interesting.

It's set, and ready to sleep in. We'll see the results in the morning. :rolleyes:

CherryRed, I adore it. You look fantastic! :)

Inky

One Too Many
CherryRed said:
I love how this worked out! Excuse the pics. My LCD is broken so I shot these blind. The second one is lightened to you can see the layers in the back.

Ooohh you look marvelous with a center part!! I have Part Envy!! Beautiful, Cherry Red, really beautiful :)

Berlin

Practically Family
CherryRed said:

4352353580_6025d1355c_o.jpg

You look stunning! You can have a center part very well!
Love it :)

Thanks ladies! I was originally styling it side parted as I usually do, but I didn't have enough curl close to my head so I let it fall the way it wanted. I've got a widows peak so it tends to lay odd and make me do center parts even if I don't want to.

I set it again on Valentines day and it was a tighter more 50's look with more defined sculpted curls. I took pics but they didn't come out this time. I need a new camera.

Like Lenore, I also did mine longer, especially the front section I kept to my chin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR