Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The nicest comment I ever heard

leo

One of the Regulars
Can't even get any peace at home. ;)

I was getting ready to leave for work this morning in a trench coat and gray fedora and my wife said, "You look good. You look like James Bond."

Trying to be clever, I replied in a mediocre Connery voice, "Ah'll be in London thish morning and Berlin thish afternoon, but Ah'll be home for suppah."

She came right back at me:

"Well, bring me something pretty."

:eusa_doh:

Bill

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Widebrim said:
Vintage Betty, hopefully you will come down for John in W. Covina's FL gathering next month and/or the Queen Mary event in November. We need more women of your calibre. ;)

Just saw this! Mr. Widebrim, now I AM blushing! :eek:

Regretfully, I was not able to attend. Maybe next time....

VB

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
leo said:
Can't even get any peace at home. ;)

I was getting ready to leave for work this morning in a trench coat and gray fedora and my wife said, "You look good. You look like James Bond."

Trying to be clever, I replied in a mediocre Connery voice, "Ah'll be in London thish morning and Berlin thish afternoon, but Ah'll be home for suppah."

She came right back at me:

"Well, bring me something pretty."

:eusa_doh:

Bill

Tell your wife I like her style. :D

VB

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Last year I started a small informal club called "Classy Wednesdays". Every Wednesday we dress up nice just for the heck of it.

Anyways, today in my campus mail I received a notecard with the following:

"Will-
I just wanted to let you know that your dress-up Wednesdays make my day! Really. So thank you.
:) "

That made my day. No name on the card, looks like a lady's handwriting.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
***Not meant to be political***

I met Fred Thompson the other day. I was wearing my peach Portis and he said "Nice hat. I'll have to get me one of those before long". That's about the nicest thing I've ever heard from a politician. ;)
Maybe politicians will get back into hats again.

FredThompson.jpg

Who's that man in that hat? :fedora:

flylot74

One of the Regulars
Went shopping with my carbon based spousal unit on Sunday. Wore a tweed jacket and my brown Borsalino. I had on five occasions received compliments from ladies and gents, one gentleman asking where he could find such a fine hat. I not only told him of the vendor but put a plug in for FL for which he was grateful.

When leaving a store, my wife clasped her arm with mine and stated that it made her feel good to know her mate was " a cut above the rest".

....why, my pride swelled up like a ripe carcass in the noon day sun!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
If not nice, at least funny...

I was shopping at a local establishment that always has a selection of fedoras in the men's department. I was thinking about looking for a stingy brim, so I went there. They had a number of Baileys there, and each one was too small. Not an extra large or 7 5/8 to be found anywhere. On the top shelf I spied a blindingly bright red fedora with a snap brim. I figured with my luck, it would be the only one on the rack that fits. So as I was reaching for it to check the size, a woman's voice comes from behind saying, "Don't do it!" I turned around and saw a pretty blonde-haired woman standing there shaking her head at me. Then she said "It wouldn't look good on you."
I was still chuckling about it when I left the store...lol

Flieger

Practically Family
This happened last summer (I'm not sure I've heard any nice comments since then): Me and my darling wife was out walking one evening, arm in arm. Me wearing my brown Barbisio fedora. We met an elderly lady with one of those "rollator" walkers. The lady looked at me and said to my wife "You have a much nicer support then I have". My wife beemed and I tipped my hat to the lady. :)

/F

indycop

I'll Lock Up
While in church last Sunday an older gentleman said he liked my hat tie, really liked it! Commented on how he likes to wear hats but nobody wears them these days.

Edward

Bartender
I've had a fair few folks mention my hats recently. In church, especially. A few weeks ago one older lady, her and her husband both dedicated hat wearers, commented on my "missing" hat (I was wearing a Gatsby owing to excessively windy weather, and it was rolled up and tucked in a pocket at the time). Their kids are all confirmed hat wearers too, apparently - and their twelve year old grandson has recently acquired himself a trilby, which they were most pleased about. :)

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
I took my wife out to lunch, yesterday. She was wearing a black Burlington Coat Factory (Tonak fur), and I was in my navy blue Lock &Co.. A woman smiled and said, "I love y'all's hats!" It happens a lot. :)

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Rhonda has collected a few compliments while wearing her new red Dobbs. While at the local library one of the librarians asked her if she was a Red Hatter, or just liked hats and she replied Both. The librarian then said the hat looked terrific on her, and was shocked to find out that I had picked it out for her without her help! As Rhonda left she was told "Your husband has great taste!" :p

On a similar theme, I was surprised when I was asked to pick out a shirt/tie combo for our son-I guess I've come a long way from when Rhonda was very leery of my plans to go clothes shopping without her! lol

Cheers,
Tom

Aerol

A-List Customer
Nice comments

In Brooks Bros. on Saturday, one of the salesmen stopped me to ask about my hat (an Optimo). As I was on the way out, it wasn't just part of his "hustle."

On Wednesday I was at the VA hospital. A guy stopped me in the hall with "Hey, brother, where did you get that hat?" When I told him -Optimo- he knew the place. In fact, he had a number of hats there for cleaning and blocking.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Aerol said:
On Wednesday I was at the VA hospital. A guy stopped me in the hall with "Hey, brother, where did you get that hat?" When I told him -Optimo- he knew the place. In fact, he had a number of hats there for cleaning and blocking.

Ah, but did he know about this place? If not, I hope you remembered to invite him! ;)

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24