Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The nicest comment I ever heard

Matt Brandon

New in Town
Yesterday I wore a brown overcoat and a brown, inexpensive fedora to school. One of the parents commented on how nice I looked, and then called me Matlock(?)...Am I missing something, or is there no connection? I took it as a compliment, of course.

I guess you know Matlock was television legal drama, starring Andy Griffith. But why the connection, I am not sure. As far as I remember Matlock never wore a fedora. Maybe she associated Matlock with a private eye.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I was told by an very elderly man at the bus stop today that I looked like an Edwardian gentleman. He said he has a photo of his grandfather and I look just like him. :D

Kreissaege

One of the Regulars
I went with some friends for a bit of rockcrawling and photography yesterday, wearing one of my berets.
When doing the latter a little girl aproached me and asked:
"are you an artist?"
"no, I only take pictures"
"because you wear an artist´s cap!"
It certainly made my day :)
15112010011.jpg

15112010059.jpg

gpsoldhat

New in Town
I was wearing my brown fed IV today and went into sams club to renew my membership and had to get my picture taken for the ID card and left it on. The supervisor came by and told the clerk, a20 something female that she should have made me take it off. She told him I think it looks nice on him. the supervisor said it looks like a trooper hat to me. I just told her thank you and left. How can anyone think a Fed IV with a center dent look like a campaign hat?

BigDog

New in Town
I don't think a day goes by that someone does not say something nice about my hats. And I must admit that most of the time it the lady's that like the hats. Makes an old man feel good.:D

Chinaski

One Too Many
I was in a sporting goods store today wearing a brown Champ and standing in line to check out. One of the employees at a sunglasses counter nearby caught my attention by saying "Hey, I really like your hat! Where did you get it?" She was probably all of 25, and quite a nice looking young lady. I told her it is a vintage 50's hat that I purchased on Ebay. She said, "It looks like this really cool hat I saw in Laguna Beach and I thought you might have gotten it there." She went on to say again she liked the hat. I thanked her and went on to make my purchase. Good stuff for a middle aged guy!

Canadian Cowboy

One of the Regulars
When I was 15 my Dad gave me one of his old olive green Biltmore's felts,The girl's all loved that hat I received a lot of attention with that hat.I was the only one in grade 10 wearing a Fedora.
My Mother didn't like me wearing a Man's hat as she used to put it,needless to say my Dad would take it out of the house for me to wear it.Dad was cool!
I worn that hat out I have a lot of fond memories with that hat,I wish I still had it today
CC

thebroker

One of the Regulars
I've been meaning to post this for a while...a couple of months ago, I decided to slip away to the city to catch a movie. As I was leaving the theater, I noticed a stunning young lady about thirty feet down the sidewalk. About the time I noticed her, her eyes locked onto me, and I was thinking hmm...I'm average at best...certainly not a head-turner, and not normally the kind of guy a lady of her caliber would view as "eye candy". However, she kept smiling and staring as we neared each other. When we were about six feet apart, she said "that's a GREAT hat". I just smiled, tipped my hat, and said "thank you, ma'am". It made my day. Since then, I've discovered that a good hat is the conversation starter an average guy needs to open the door to a conversation with a gorgeous woman who might really like you once she discovered your personality. It happens surprisingly often. And I, too, have noticed that a not-small number of drop-dead gorgeous women ask to try on my hat. I'm always happy to oblige, and have gotten more than one phone number out of it. However, I'm anxiously awaiting a new VS in Black Cherry, and I'm not sure how I'll feel about handing it over to somebody else. :)

LordBest

Practically Family
I was wearing my new Hanna Hats Irish linen cap as I walked to the butchers today, and some young chap stuck his head out a window and said 'Great hat!" and something I didn't catch as the car sped off. I don't think he was being sarcastic either, and if he was, I will take it as a compliment regardless.

Daze

New in Town
Local guy who repairs clothing actually telling some Swiss customer that I was a famous English actor, just because I was wearing my vintage Lock Fedora , She ofc didn't have a clue who I was supposed to be,poor girl, but then again neither did I, I just smiled and ran away, He often tells me I look great in my hats.

DRB

One Too Many
I do believe that wearing a very nice fedora and not purposely dressing down as so many American do, brings out the best in men as well as women. I get more polite smiles with a quality hat than without. No Doubt in my mind. Please don't tell too many others as they may start to get the edge on me.

Alan-Eby

Familiar Face
I was wearing my new homburg as I walked into work yesterday. One my my coworkers said "You look like you just shot Billy the Kid and stole his hat!" It thought that was great.

Alan-Eby

Familiar Face
Being from New Mexico, that would make a lot of sense. :)

Indeed it does make sense, though I am not quite in his old turf. Close enough. Its funny I was just recalling when she made that comment, that I was called Billy the Kid in school because of my teeth and having a bit of a temper....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo