Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The nicest comment I ever heard

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
I was walking in the downtown area the othe day wearing my Akubra Territory and passed a couple of gentllemen and got a "that's a nice Akubra" I was impressed he knew the brand.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I went bargain-hunting at the flea-market today. As I was strolling around the market before dawn (it was about 5:45am), I passed a man who was setting up his stall for the day.

"Where have you just come from?...Or where are you going to? All dressed up for the market!"

That made me smile.

ecorrigan

Familiar Face
scottyrocks, it's nice to hear stuff like that from others, especially women! Even as a married man, it's a warming feeling to hear compliments such as that from women! My wife even smiles when I get complimented. She tells me: "See, others think you're good looking too!!"

Espee

Practically Family
I went to hear some vintage style bands at a club that's mostly for the dancers, on that day of the week. I wore a Jaxson cap, and a bow tie of an orange-crate-labels print.
One of the quite-a-bit-younger ladies stopped and said, "Are you dancing? No? Well you LOOK great!"

thankyou.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think the most important upshot of the thread is, "woman (or girl) tells Lounger man she likes his hat." That's part of the point of the whole exercise anyway, so if it works, the score 1 for the home team. Good to read more anecdotes along those lines.

angeljenny

A-List Customer
A really sweet old gentleman told me I looked like Deanna Durbin - not true at all as I look nothing like her but flattering!

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For the past year or so, most everywhere I go people tell me "you look just like your father."

My Dad was the principal of our local scool (k-12) from 1949 to 1979, and was a very well loved and respected man in the community. It is humbling to be so favorably compared to my Dad. Along with the opening comment, "you look like your father," there will also follow a story of what he meant to them.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
It being an EXTREMELY warm day here in New York, I'm wearing my nice PanamaBob panama hat today. Walking up Lenox Ave., here in Harlem, only about 4 blocks, to get lunch, I got more compliments than I could shake a stick at. :)

Otateral

Familiar Face
Not been wearing hats long, but I love going to a restaurant and being asked "Special occasion?" Because I'm wearing a sport coat and hat. (Hat removed upon walking in, of course). I think hats add a bit of class and respect that this world lacks very much.

Aerol

A-List Customer
At lunch today, the girl at the register asked if I'd found the Holy Grail yet. (Believe it or not, it was my first Indy comment.) I told her I usually get Inspector Gadget or Dick Tracy comments (I was wearing a long trench coat).

She asked who Dick Tracy was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo