Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ninth Gate is fantastic

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I'm a curious guy. Can you explain what makes it fantastic? I recall it as being just about as fantastic as the Nic Cage Wicker Man. Which is to say, not at all fantastic.

Decodence

A-List Customer
jake_fink said:
I'm a curious guy. Can you explain what makes it fantastic? I recall it as being just about as fantastic as the Nic Cage Wicker Man. Which is to say, not at all fantastic.
The unanswered questions/implications, general "feeling" about the movie and such. I too am a great fan, and Club Dumas is on my reading list. I think it is a HIGHLY under-rated film.

Decodence

A-List Customer
Loved the movie, and the book is shaping up to be much better. Interesting twist on Boris Balkan in the book than his different role in the movie though. Almost half way through now.

Decodence

A-List Customer
Finished the book. I have to admit, I was a little bit let down by the book's ending. The movie's ending was a bit better IMHO. The rest, the book trumped the movie.

Decodence

A-List Customer
And tied into the golden era.... I have Dean Corso's bag from the film now.
DSC01013.jpg

fr-musette.jpg

1935 french ammo bag

I rather like The Ninth Gate, except...well, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, so I'll just say Langella's final scene in the film. Every time I watch it I think, "Really? That's the best they could come up with?" Ruins it for me every time.

mattwithahat

New in Town
I rather like The Ninth Gate, except...well, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, so I'll just say Langella's final scene in the film. Every time I watch it I think, "Really? That's the best they could come up with?" Ruins it for me every time.

I agree. I absolutely hate when a spectacular film or show is ruined by one little writers mess up. They put so much work into the thing, but they don't have time to get the one scene that matters right? Bah. Oh well. Still a good film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran