Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

1950s+Church+clothes+(2).jpg

This is such a fantastic photo. Love the little guys in their bow ties and thin ribbons. HST and LBJ in their younger years!

I’m pretty sure that the gentleman in the front row, far left, is famous Texan and inventor of Rodeo bulldogging, Bill Pickett (http://www.famoustexans.com/billpickett.htm) – so this is likely a photo from The 101 Ranch Show. Pickett worked for the 101 Ranch from 1905 until his death in 1932.
Robert, here is my original from "The Bull Dogger", the 1921 movie on Pickett. I don't know how many of these were given out to theaters that carried the movie but Ed Vebell has featured one in the exact same frame in one of his collectors books. They are quite large.

23icrpl.jpg

2h3y5pu.jpg

jj8w2g.jpg

Jack, that is awesome.
Thanks BB! This is not the place but I have a decent Cody collection. I had the honor of meeting two of Cody's great grandsons, becoming friends with & doing some trading with Kit Carson Cody before their untimely death in a plane crash.

To keep this on target here is a pic of Kit wearing a fedora:
e8s77l.jpg

And here is an article telling of their death in 2013:

http://www.codyenterprise.com/news/local/article_fef7b48c-77bc-11e2-8418-0019bb2963f4.html

TPD166

One Too Many
That is great - love it! And would love to see that movie!

Robert, here is my original from "The Bull Dogger", the 1921 movie on Pickett. I don't know how many of these were given out to theaters that carried the movie but Ed Vebell has featured one in the exact same frame in one of his collectors books. They are quite large.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112