Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Goldfield, Nevada. Photo by Julia Titsworth et al., 1905-1906
Whenever I see a photo taken inside a bar like this, I often wonder if the photographer got out of the place in one piece. I'll bet the place was dark and suddenly there was an explosion of light. I also can't imagine that those guys were too happy about some "artiste" capturing them while they were gambling.

That pedal car is a collector's item.
I wore two sets of wheels out. Wish I still had mine.

xo3alk.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Incredible. All those bashes to enlarge study... Where are they? What are they looking at?

that second pic was on my recent hard drive that just died in my library of thousands of hat pictures taken in NYC pre 1960

I had all the information on the year and where it was taken attached to the pic ... all gone into cyber heaven unfortunately along with about 3 years of "Hats in New York" research and interviews

boo hoo

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
that second pic was on my recent hard drive that just died in my library of thousands of hat pictures taken in NYC pre 1960

I had all the information on the year and where it was taken attached to the pic ... all gone into cyber heaven unfortunately along with about 3 years of "Hats in New York" research and interviews

boo hoo
SHIT.

Laconia, NH 1954

5473026-john-o'shea-and-pete-karagianis.jpg

Fritzie Baer is shown here in 1954 with Peter Karagianis on his left and John O'Shea, the owner of the O'Shea's Department Store in downtown Laconia. They are in the men's hat department getting the new red hats for the Red Hat Brigade. The Red Hat Brigade helped open many doors of support from people in the area for motorcycle week.
-- Photo from the book, Laconia Motorcycle Week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24