Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

This 1904 autographed photo of Geronimo just sold for $4,544.

36141576423_36fc1a9be8_o.jpg

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
Gone back several times looking at that as well, HJ.

I've been trying to figure out what the chain is thru his lapel?

That was the first thing I saw!! Haha

It looks like there is another trinket hanging above his button under his scarf....

Was it a custom to wear trinkets (like feathers and beads) hanging from there clothes during that time? Like after the Indians started wearing civilian clothes?
df3c1c92c8b8c37cb699318ef95baa66.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the first thing I saw!! Haha

It looks like there is another trinket hanging above his button under his scarf....

Was it a custom to wear trinkets (like feathers and beads) hanging from there clothes during that time? Like after the Indians started wearing civilian clothes?
df3c1c92c8b8c37cb699318ef95baa66.png

Don't know Cap, that could be a lapel pin. I was just thinking if this is a 1904 photo then he was ~75 yrs old, I think. And about 5 yrs before he died. I think he was in Pawnee Bill's Wild West Show for a time but I don't remember the yrs it ran. BB is probably correct in that this was taken during the World's Fair or during that same timeframe when Geronimo was on the reservation in Florida.

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
Don't know Cap, that could be a lapel pin. I was just thinking if this is a 1904 photo then he was ~75 yrs old, I think. And about 5 yrs before he died. I think he was in Pawnee Bill's Wild West Show for a time but I don't remember the yrs it ran. BB is probably correct in that this was taken during the World's Fair or during that same timeframe when Geronimo was on the reservation in Florida.

It just looked like to me that it's on the same beaded string as the other one. You could be right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace