Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

Pueblo, Colorado.

1673376010185.png

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
I don't know the details of this photo, but it looks like G.A.R. members reenacting a Civil War battle, but using umbrellas and hats.

View attachment 480992

I have the Ken Burns Civil War tele series stuck in my mind. And Aldershot lectures on your nation's famous battles and I believe this scene is of the Maine regiment veterans under Chamberlain. Do give a look then report back please.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
The photo, I believe taken Gettysburg reunion, where the veterans blue and gray ran up to meet.
A movie reel captured circa 1913 with voice and a Union man remarked the 'rebel yell.'

I went to google my recollect and found 'Gettysburg 50th reunion' with the pix but the ran caption read taken at Cemetery Ridge.
These men were rebel infantry in Pickett's command. Union veterans took positions placed Seminary Ridge. I thought for sure the pix were Chamberlain's men.

My British Army American Civil War cadet study gave strong place to Antietam and Gettysburg.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko