Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

buler

I'll Lock Up
John Cavanagh arrives at the Biltmore hotel in Los Angeles, 1935.

1695772609681.png

Mighty44

One Too Many
I've been reading David Halberstram's The Fifties, published in the 1980s--which is somehow 40 years ago (!!!) but is a still a really interesting general history of the decade, everything from the Korean War to Joe McCarthy, I Love Lucy, the rise of McDonalds and Holiday Inn, and the H-bomb. I've been having to do some googling to keep up with the names and characters and yesterday was looking up Senator Estes Kefauver, described in The Fifties basically as the first politician to make effective use of television and to show the potential to win the attention of voters. So, I wondered, what did this guy look like? Here you go, sporting a Whippet style hat in the first two and something like a Playboy on the bottom left alongside a couple of other hatted pals.

Cheers,

David

Sen. Estes Kafauver.jpg
1950-estes-kefauver.jpg
view.jpg

Perry, that is really cool. There are not many times we have postings where connections like this are made!!
Thanks RBH. "Bud" Adams the patriarch of Adams ranch who died about 5 years ago was a great photographer. He has several books of photos including Florida wildlife, backwoods scenery and cowboys at work- A different view of Florida than beaches and Disney world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy