Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Two dresses I was watching:

bluevelvet.jpg

I knew this one would end up going for alot--$171.00

bwbutterfly5.jpg

This one surprised me though--$202.00. It's silk and it has some lovely details though.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
That blue dress is amazing. Was it in good shape? I have a blue velvet dress from the 1940's but it is not in great shape and not nearly that beautiful.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
deadpandiva said:
That blue dress is amazing. Was it in good shape? I have a blue velvet dress from the 1940's but it is not in great shape and not nearly that beautiful.

As I remember it was pretty pristine and out of a movie wardrobe department(Paramount?). I love the detail around the neckline--pretty for sure.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
imoldfashioned - the blue dress is such a lovely rich shade and the detailing around the neck is gorgeous. Shame you didn't win it.

I seemed to have lost so many auctions lately! I lost out on this 1940s rayon dress with lovely rhinestone detailing on the collar and hip.

40srayonpeplumdress.jpg

I'm so annoyed about these shoes. The item was a BIN with immediate payment required (so even if you buy it, until you pay somebody else can purchase the item) but there wasn't an international shipping price on the invoice so I couldn't buy them. I had emailed the seller a few days beforehand and received a quote for shipping but she hadn't put it on the auction. Typically somebody else then snapped them up :(

40scrocwhiteheels.jpg

1940s art deco print dress. This would've been so nice to dress up or down.

40sartdecorayondress.jpg

1940s cute green box bag

40sgreenboxbag.jpg

1940s crepe dress with white stitch detailing. It only went for about $1 more than my sniped bid.

blue40screpedress.jpg

Beautiful 40s chocolate rayon jacket and dress. You can't really see but they both had gorgeous aqua beaded detailing. They went for quite a lot which I was expecting anyway.

brown40sdresssuitfk1.jpg

brown40sdresssuitfk2.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
SarahLouise said:
I'm so annoyed about these shoes. The item was a BIN with immediate payment required (so even if you buy it, until you pay somebody else can purchase the item) but there wasn't an international shipping price on the invoice so I couldn't buy them. I had emailed the seller a few days beforehand and received a quote for shipping but she hadn't put it on the auction. Typically somebody else then snapped them up :(

40scrocwhiteheels.jpg

Beautiful 40s chocolate rayon jacket and dress. You can't really see but they both had gorgeous aqua beaded detailing. They went for quite a lot which I was expecting anyway.

brown40sdresssuitfk1.jpg

brown40sdresssuitfk2.jpg

What a painful loss, those shoes are soooo lovely! Do remember that even if a seller doesn't put the shipping up on an auction you can just go straight to paypal and add the amount in on the shipping bit yourself. As long as they have emailed you the confirmed amount then it's ok to do it this way and it means you won't need to miss out next time.

There will be another EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL pair somewhere in the world waiting to be found and loved by you.......:)

That brown suit is lovely too, what a great, unusual colour combination, what did it sell for in the end?

leaette

A-List Customer
you are very talented to be able to make hats. i made a head scarf with a baseball trim on it. i love it for the summer. it was kinda easy, but i don't think i could make a hat.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
I just saw them on ebay, and there is another set on there as well, and also there is an auction for a box with instructions but no wavers included. They seem to be used like say a hot stick, you stick teh pointed end into the hole and that will hold it. The instructions were interesting and for quite a few different hairstyles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy