Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Barbigirl

Practically Family
I want to know where does she get all this great stuff? Alas, I am not allowed to look at e-bay anymore. It is simply too dangerous for my pocketbook.

imoldfashioned said:
Ok, it's a Lili Ann. It's a larger size (about a modern 14). It's lovely, no doubt but $902.00? That seems a bit much.

DSC_0124.jpg

anabolina

A-List Customer
Barbigirl said:
I want to know where does she get all this great stuff? Alas, I am not allowed to look at e-bay anymore. It is simply too dangerous for my pocketbook.

Ditto, although I allow myself to look for ideas and simply save the pics for sewing inspiration. It's actually worked pretty well. Since I made this my policy, I haven't bought any new clothes off eBay, other things yes, clothes no. For awhile there, I was spending a large percentage of my income on clothes, both eBay and in the stores.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Barbigirl said:

I'm guessing some kind of Satanic deal. I keep trying to get his number, but to no avail yet. :p

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Adele said:
How heartbroken am I:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150201273657

Sure, I was going to have to take it in to the tailor because it seemed like it was going to be a bit big, but good golly, I didn't care! Ohh, this is a loss I will be sad about for days. :cry:

adele, don't fret too much... it seems like it was much too fragile to really wear. could you imagine if you had won it and it fell apart on you the first time you wore it??? then you'd be heartbroken... and broke.

Chas

One Too Many
Ouch.

Losing out on ebay? I can't go there. The memories are too painful.

It would have survived only another 2 parties or so. Maybe 3. But it would make an excellent template design. Save the pic; it may come in useful.

I don't want to sound like a cheap endorsement, but I would reccomend bidnapper. It's been a blessing for me of late.

Josephine

One Too Many
ShooShooBaby said:
adele, don't fret too much... it seems like it was much too fragile to really wear. could you imagine if you had won it and it fell apart on you the first time you wore it??? then you'd be heartbroken... and broke.

And nekkid. :D

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Adele - that dress is gorgeous, shame you didn't win it. I would probably be too frightened to wear anything pre-1930s as everything looks so fragile.

Speaking of which, I lost out on this 1930s silk crepe top. It went for about $80.

30screpesilktop80dollars.jpg

I completely forgot to bid on this amazing shirt and am so annoyed! I have a soft spot for vintage western wear :)

westernshirtdidntwin.jpg

SarahLouise

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
That yellow top is beautiful. I look awful in yellow and I am always finding gorgeous tops and dresses in that color.

I know, I don't look that great in yellow either but I really like the colour mustard so was drawn to this.

I also forgot to add this rust coloured garbadine dress. It was a bit small in the waist so it's probably a good thing I didn't win it! I love the design.

orangegarbadinedress.jpg

Adele

One of the Regulars
You know, I hadn't really given it much thought- the fragility of the dress, I mean. Y'all are right.

Josephine- your post made me laugh.
Chas- thank you for the recommendation, I'll check it out.
SarahLouise- I have to agree with deadpandiva, that yellow top is swell.

Darn the lack of time machines so we could all just go back in time to, if not anything else, at least do some shopping!

lyburnum

Practically Family
This little beauty went for way more than I'd ever be willing to pay, but I think I was watching it more to see what would happen than to seriously bid on it.

912912ok0.jpg

I was bummed about not getting this though:

pic08991199995263aa8.jpg

Ah well, there's more where that came from. I'm sure they went to good homes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy