Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
Was recently watching this amazing 50s wiggle dress on ebay. It went for almost $200! So stunning!!!

3-4FullNoBelt.jpg

Oh Kitty! That's gorgeous!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Ada Veen said:
what is a sniping program Kitty?

Sniping programs like esnipe.com let you enter the item number and your maximum bid amount. They place the bid for you at the last minute, a certain number of seconds before the end of the item close that you specify. They help prevent the item price from being driven up prematurely (unless it's other idiots doing it) and you don't have to worry about remembering to place your bid. I know that esnipe also lets you retract your bid if you change your mind before the bid gets placed - so if you place your esnipe bid 5 days before the item closes and 2 days later you change your mind, you can go in and delete it since your bid has not yet officially been placed on ebay.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
deadpandiva said:
^That seller has great stuff but it always goes for really high prices.

Yes, there have been several discussions here about that seller. I think some people have said she engages in shill bidding.

ShortClara

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Yes, there have been several discussions here about that seller. I think some people have said she engages in shill bidding.

And a bit of misrepresentation. I have heard she will buy something from the 'bay for a good price and flip it, which is fine, but all the flaws suddenly disappear....

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful sweater!! I really can't get over the prices that some of these things go for. Do people just have that much extra cash to throw around?

Foofoogal

Banned
That is a loaded ? for me as a dealer. I have found items in great condition which on this sweater is probably at least 50 years old is more than worth it. I deal mostly with people who want it yesterday.
Lots of kinds of people in this world. I believe the color of this one is why the price went so high. It is so beautiful and I wanted it so bad but buying Christmas for everyone. :)

volatile

A-List Customer
ShortClara said:
And a bit of misrepresentation. I have heard she will buy something from the 'bay for a good price and flip it, which is fine, but all the flaws suddenly disappear....

:eek:fftopic: And all her pictures are photoshopped... it's the same model in every photo, with a young face and creepy old-lady hands, even for dresses of wildly different sizes. Check them out closely and you'll see what I mean.

My girlfriend had bid on a few of her things and began to notice these anomalies - I definitely wouldn't buy from her myself...

Trixie

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:
greypinstripe40ssuitcutaway1.jpg

So cute and (per the measurements) my size. All though looking at the model I'm not sure I beleive it.

She's a really good seller. I'm sure she was right on with the measurements.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Miss Neecerie said:
85978525_tp.jpg

85978557_o.jpg

again...out of my 'cant rub two pennies together' budget....but sighs...so nice

I was looking at this one too Neecerie, I love that color blue especially. Doesn't look like it would be out of the realm of possibility to copy.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
the suit sold for about $135.00. I think it's worth every penny (expecially in that size) just more than I had. I actually really like that seller too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy