Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Fifties*Freak said:
:( I REALLY wanted this.
ecd0_11.jpg

Another one who was watching it! I couldn't believe it went for nearly $200 though :eek:

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Some recent losses -

I liked the pattern and colour combination of this cute 1940s dress.

Paisley40sdress1.jpg

Another cute 40s number.

lilacdress1.jpg

Simple bright red shirt waister dress.

redshirtwaister.jpg

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
I just lost this fantastic swim cap on eBay not just 10 minutes ago :rage: I have yet to see another one like this. :( I hope it went to a wonderful home. It would have went perfect with my bathing suit (I posted that in the swimsuit thread)

113885810_tp.jpg

Aurora

One of the Regulars
I used to have a swimming cap just like that but in pink when I was about 7. I haven't got a clue where it's gone, moved house so many times since then... I really miss it now :(
I hope you find another one to match your suit ;)

Sunny

One Too Many
$239.50

That. Is. Ridiculous.

85a3_1.JPG
861f_1.JPG

I admit that they're quite nice shoes. They're a larger size (8-8.5) and not narrow. They have mesh and suede, an unusual combination. The ankle strap is very pretty. They're in good shape.

But none of these things are that unusual, and they're black; about two-fifths of all vintage shoes in this category at any one time are black. I can believe, if someone was really anxious and determined for these in particular, a price of over $100. But $239? Ridiculous.

I'm glad I'm a solid 9 and didn't even have to think about bidding...

Fifties*Freak

Familiar Face
Sarah Louise, That first dress was mine! I am sorry you lost out I would have loved for it to go to a fellow lounger. I loved it and would have kept it if it fit me.

Mojito

One Too Many
Oh wow - pretty catalogue, but what a price! Judging from the Q&As, might it be interest from a perfume collector bumped it along? I wish you had one it - I'd be begging for a scan of that left hand illustration of the shawl (I have a very similar one).

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mojito said:
Oh wow - pretty catalogue, but what a price! Judging from the Q&As, might it be interest from a perfume collector bumped it along? I wish you had one it - I'd be begging for a scan of that left hand illustration of the shawl (I have a very similar one).

Well, the winning bidder obviously searches for this manufacturer items. I guess I need to spend time learning about who this is; apparently it's a high-end manufacturer of goods during the deco era. Some nice graphics under this name!

Regarding the shawl question, I do have at least one 1920's shawl I could photograph for you...providing I ever find it.

But if you are interested in shawl photos, I can probably provide some, if you are interested in shawls circa 1900 and earlier. Or are you interested in just deco era shawl images?

Vintage Betty

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm watching a dress on ebay that's already over $400--it'll go for more than that before it's through. Prices have been just nuts lately!

Mojito

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
But if you are interested in shawl photos, I can probably provide some, if you are interested in shawls circa 1900 and earlier. Or are you interested in just deco era shawl images?

Vintage Betty
1900 onwards, Vintage Betty - and postcards, graphic illustrations, formal portraits etc are of particular interest. My large shawl, similar to the one above, is a vast Chinese export silk piano shawl c. 1900 - also very similar to the one worn by a girl in the Arrow Collar illustration by Leyendecker. I love the smaller 20s ones as well and have a few. I've been collecting period images for a while - hope to post a whole slew of them in my blog at some point. If it's no trouble I'd love to see some of your collection - I know you have a rich library of source material!

Shearer

Practically Family
Outrageous Tobacco Novelty Print!

I didn't bid on this dress, but I was VERY interested to see what it went for...

A 50s New Look novelty print dress with tobacco paraphernalia! Cigarettes, pipes, matchbooks, cigars, rolling papers... you name it!

2485429900_63e4a46336_o.jpg

2484612819_99b1725793_o.jpg

2485429598_64c2d9ff7e_o.jpg

Absolutely wild!

Shearer

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
$445

Sure it's a great print and a larger size but I was still astonished at the end price.

That price is nonsensical! Some of these dresses lately have been going for outrageous sums!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran