Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
02be_1.JPG

aef4_1.JPG

I thought that I'd win both of these for sure. There is another sundress pattern on ebay but it's too big. :(

Sunny

One Too Many
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved....

Someone had to say it! :p

MissMissy

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:
02be_1.JPG

aef4_1.JPG

I thought that I'd win both of these for sure. There is another sundress pattern on ebay but it's too big. :(

Those would have been lovely deadpandiva :) I've noticed that you live Minneapolis, that's where I'm from originally. Do you ever make it out to the SR Harris Fabric Outlet in Brooklyn Park?

http://www.srharrisfabric.com/

I have dreams of fabric shopping there, I miss it so much and I just can't buy fabric in Dallas without wondering what fab finds I'm missing out on at Harris :( I think I'm going home in the fall and I'm going to spend a day there, I might need an extra suitcase lol

Missy

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Rockapin-up said:
That's cute, but not for the price. Was it used or new old stock?

Used. Also, prices this high are very common for vintage swimsuits with details like petal or shelf busts.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I was outbid on a Carmen Marc Valvo suit in white. I love this suit, but they don't seem to go for much less on Ebay than they cost on the Victoria's Secret site. *sigh* I guess there's no hope for getting one other than shelling out $117. This particular one went for just under $50, which is still more than I want to pay for a swimsuit right now.

texasgirl

One Too Many
When I worked retail, we used to mark swimsuits half off right before 4th of July- maybe the last week of June. So you might check macy's etc around then if it's not too late

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
texasgirl said:
When I worked retail, we used to mark swimsuits half off right before 4th of July- maybe the last week of June. So you might check macy's etc around then if it's not too late

Many thanks for the tip, I will!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
MissMissy said:
Those would have been lovely deadpandiva :) I've noticed that you live Minneapolis, that's where I'm from originally. Do you ever make it out to the SR Harris Fabric Outlet in Brooklyn Park?

http://www.srharrisfabric.com/

I have dreams of fabric shopping there, I miss it so much and I just can't buy fabric in Dallas without wondering what fab finds I'm missing out on at Harris :( I think I'm going home in the fall and I'm going to spend a day there, I might need an extra suitcase lol

Missy

I haven't been there yet. I hope to go soon. I need to set aside a whole day I think. I did find the sundress pattern again and won it. :) I seem to be lucky that way.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
1930s Golf Jacket

Damnit, I forgot to bid on a 1930s suede rust coloured British ladies Golf Jacket! Doh!

It was lovely with a belted waist, everything I've been after for a while. Unfortunately we are having issues with Photobucket so I can't post a pic at the moment.

Sigh!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MissHannah said:
Oh gosh that is perfection! Was it a capricornvintage item?

No, it wasn't. Don't remember who though. It would've fit me too, but I didn't bid because I knew it would go for more than I could pay right now. Think it went for about $60.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran