Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
The book Knit 2 Together by Tacy Ulman has a pattern for one, but it's not a pixie style, but more of a bonnet style without the point and it has ruffles around the face.

Hollywood Knit Styles by Suss Cousins also has a pattern for a Little Red Riding Hood hat/scarf combo that is very similar.

Or you could just take a pixie hat pattern like this one and stitch a scarf to the bottom edge:

http://community.livejournal.com/knitting/75126.html

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I'm about 99% sure that Hollywood Knit Styles is the correct book that the Little Red Riding Hood Scarf/Hat is in, but I can't find the copy of the pattern that I have to verify this. This pattern is the closet to what you want, but you may want to verify that the book is correct before purchasing anything.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I just lost this gorgeous rayon dress:

cc57_12_sb.JPG

I feel like an idiot too because it went for only $29! Then again, it was a little big in the bust. But I just adore the neckline!

GOK

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
I'm about 99% sure that Hollywood Knit Styles is the correct book that the Little Red Riding Hood Scarf/Hat is in, but I can't find the copy of the pattern that I have to verify this. This pattern is the closet to what you want, but you may want to verify that the book is correct before purchasing anything.

Thanks BeBop, I'll see what I can find out.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I was at the library yesterday and found the Hollywood Knits Style book. It does have the little red riding hood scarf/hat combo pattern in it. But, the pattern is more of a soft hood, instead of a more structured pixie-style hat with a little point to it.

GOK

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
I was at the library yesterday and found the Hollywood Knits Style book. It does have the little red riding hood scarf/hat combo pattern in it. But, the pattern is more of a soft hood, instead of a more structured pixie-style hat with a little point to it.

Oohh I'll have to look in my local library. Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to find out for me, I really appreciate it.

Waingirl - you and Pigeon Toe both. Such a shame - it's a beautiful dress.

Nightshade

New in Town
I'm so upset because I can never find any shoes in my size. I'm a size 11 :( so if anybody sees any shoes in my size from the 30's or 40's PLEASE let me know. Thanks ladies.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Yesterday was a very bad Ebay day for me. I got outbid on a gorgeous 40's wool coat and a pair of 40's wedges:

3b19_1_b.JPG

d8ff_1.JPG

The prices they went for in the end were just too much for me. :(

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
I have a secret to winning on Ebay, so I win everytime. What you do is wait for the last five minutes for the item to end, and you put your maximum bid really high, so say if the item is 30.00, you put your minimum bid at 100.00. This generally works because people raise thier bid in increments of 10.00 or less. This way, the item will probably not get bid up to the very high amount and you will win the item. Hopefully, no ladies will ever lose thier items again.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Nightshade said:
I'm so upset because I can never find any shoes in my size. I'm a size 11 :( so if anybody sees any shoes in my size from the 30's or 40's PLEASE let me know. Thanks ladies.
I have a pair of 11's that I'm looking at selling. If interested PM with your email and I can snap a pic for you.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
GOK said:
LS - that is such a wonderful dress...did you miss out by much? :(

By about $20, I think it went for around $85.00, which if I HAD the money, I would not hesitate spending on it, but right now, I can't justify spending that much on a single item. Multiple items yes, but not single.[huh] :(

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
GOK said:
Oohh I'll have to look in my local library. Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to find out for me, I really appreciate it.
QUOTE]

You're welcome. I spend a lot of time looking at knitting books and patterns at the library and online, so it was no trouble at all. Although sometimes the patterns and books start to blend together after awhile. That's why I couldn't remember if it was the correct book or not.

While looking at free knitting pattern sites online, I came across this pattern for a hooded scarf as well. Again it's more of a hood than a pixie hat, but I don't think it would be hard to tweak the pattern more to your liking. I really like the cables on this version:

http://d-made.com/knitting/patterns/hoodie_scarf.pdf

Plus, it has the added bonus of being online. You don't have to go to the library. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn