Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Same 20s apron I posted earlier, probably just released a bit earlier. Forgot to bid, went for $15.

Picture13-1.png

I got snipped on this one :cry:

Picture14.png

LD

MaryMary

One of the Regulars
Actually - I have been noticing this phenomena with mostly everything vintage nowadays

It used to be that you could get a really nice cotton sundress or house dress for around $30-45 and the more glamorous day dresses would run you close to $100...now, I am noticing house dresses going for $100!

And the more iconic a dress is, such as the 1930's puffy sleeves dresses are going for $200 and up on auctions!

It is getting to the point where I won't be able to afford vintage anymore! :(

hailey greenhat said:
I've gotta say between the outrageous prices of LD and Lauren's missed patterns WHO is shelling out the dough for these? My goodness, i love vintage and sewing but i couldn't....

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I was too caught up in last night's Dr. Who episode to check this again. I was outbid by $0.25. I am a sucker for purses!

382805387_o.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
WOW, the trousers amazing! However, I don't think it would be hard to duplicate them. From the knee up, they look pretty close to the pleated shorts that were so common, just extend it to length.

SayCici

Practically Family
Lauren, you and me both! I'd be happy as a clam in those pants, geez they're like swimming pools. Must recreate!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lauren said:
simplicity3765.jpg

:( Went for $36. Darn it.
Wow Lauren that is lovely. I just paid $37 for a pattern but I prefer this one.

Ms Sew-n-Sew, that pattern is cute but the price astounds me. I have seen 30's evening gowns and designer stuff go for that price but never a mid 40's day dress. I could see somone who makes and sells vintage repro's having a lot of success with that style of dress though.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Shaheen, who else?
!BwJ5Dd!EWk~$%28KGrHqN,!g8Ev1+0CFlIBMHpEV7tZg~~_12.JPG

Kamehamaha, only went for $24. Unfortunately, it'd been shortened to a scant 23" with little allowance in the seam. Such a pity!
!Bv9T2+wEGk~$%28KGrHqMOKjMEwPb1BR8+BMGuhzEbMw~~_3.JPG

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I've been on the lookout for a pattern like this for a while. It's small, so it would have been a difficult grade but it's the only one like it I've seen anywhere online. I even upped my highest bid before going to bed.
pat2535.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR