Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
hat.jpg

$25

That hat pattern *alone* could command $80+
I had no reason to believe this lot was not going to go for $70+ so I just ignored it.
*Sigh* I just didnt bid.

LD

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Drappa said:
Unfortunately it's not outside Ebay rules. I was bidding on a vintage bag, the seller cancelled my bid a few days later and sold it in a BIN to someone else. I emailed Ebay about it and they replied that sellers have the right to choose who they sell to just as buyers have the right to choose who they buy from. It is such bad style though and I'd never do it either.

Here are some current policies taken right off of Ebay FAQs pages.

Reasons for ending a listing early

When you choose to end a listing early, buyers may feel disappointed. However, sometimes you may have a good reason to end a listing early. If you've discovered that the item is no longer working or is missing a part, you may need to end your listing.

You can also choose to end a listing early to sell your item to your current high bidder or to another eBay member with whom you've negotiated a price.

If you made a mistake in your listing, you may be able to change your listing or change your item price instead of ending your listing early.

You can also end your listing early to sell it to an eBay member who wasn't your high bidder. You may also want to use this option to sell the item to your high bidder, but at a negotiated price that isn't the same as the member's high bid. You can do this by ending your listing early and sending a Transaction Confirmation Request to your buyer. This will cancel all existing bids and Best Offers.

Requirements

Your ability to end a listing early depends on the amount of time remaining in the listing and whether the listing has received any bids.

If there are 12 hours or more before the end of the listing, you can end the listing early without restrictions. If there are any bids on your item when you end the listing, you’ll be asked whether you want to cancel the bids or sell the item to the high bidder.

If there are 12 hours or less before the end of the listing, your ability to end the listing early depends on whether there are any bids on the item and whether the item has a reserve price.

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Picture16-1.png

This has got to be one of *the* best pattern lots Ive ever seen. Not a bad one in the bunch. It had 2 days left on the auction, and a was at $125 but then it just ended. Aw well.

LD

Haha, I contacted them too! He was really vague with his answer about what happened but I figured someone did a pay off!

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
hat.jpg

$25

I had no reason to believe this lot was not going to go for $70+ so I just ignored it.
*Sigh* I just didnt bid.

LD

I was being cheap and didn't bid enough. Damn hindsight.

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
KittyT - that green dress with the floral beading is gorgeous. Unfortunately stuff like that always escapes from me because I go full steam ahead into cheap mode at times.
MaryMary - Same to the pink dress

This thread is so addicting. I think I might love clothing too much. I can spend hours trolling ebay too. Good thing I'm getting out of the house today...

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I was REALLY taken with these. Just didn't bid high enough. Ah well... I know I've seen the sailor playsuit before so they'll probably pop up again eventually [huh]
simplicity507.jpg

simplicity1710.jpg

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
got outbid. Super cute 40s housedress - not polkadots, but a little star pattern.
386317146_o.jpg

Kitty T, I was looking at that dress before I left for Vegas last week...glad I didn't end up bidding against you! My grandmother had dishes with that star pattern that I LOVED.

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
I was REALLY taken with these. Just didn't bid high enough. Ah well... I know I've seen the sailor playsuit before so they'll probably pop up again eventually [huh]
simplicity507.jpg

simplicity1710.jpg

*gulp* I won those. I fell in love and went crazy.

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
Thanks, I hope all the pieces are there. I want it to arrive already so I can start on the playsuit! I don't know how long it will take me but I'll definitely post results of it once I'm done!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
hat.jpg

$25

*Sigh* I just didnt bid.

LD
I wish I would have seen that. I love that hat pattern and the sleeve pattern.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner