Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Smuterella said:
I wanted this so very much and I put a snipe on it but my trusty ezsniper let me down and it went for WAY under what I put on it. I actually cried.

4839461222_31c75a7f43_b.jpg
I hate when that happens. I lost out on an amazing picture of Virginia O'Brien that way and haven't been able to find another that is nearly as nice. Hopefully you will find an even lovelier dress though that is gorgeous.

swinggal

One Too Many
So upset I didn't win this :( I really wanted to make a flutter-sleeve 30s gown for a function I'm attending. If anyone here won this I am happy to pay half of what it cost and to get the pattern copied at Kinkos. Took my eye off it for 10 minutes at work...arrrrrrg!!!

401a.jpg

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
swinggal said:
So upset I didn't win this :( I really wanted to make a flutter-sleeve 30s gown for a function I'm attending. If anyone here won this I am happy to pay half of what it cost and to get the pattern copied at Kinkos. Took my eye off it for 10 minutes at work...arrrrrrg!!!

401a.jpg

That's a lovely pattern; I'm sorry you lost it too! I did exactly the same thing - had the page up, was waiting to bid, and then got distracted during the last few minutes. Someone was watching "North by Northwest" and I thought I could keep my eye on the movie and the auction at the same time. :eusa_doh:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
kamikat said:
So, are we all watching the 1930's pattern with the BIN of $97.45?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-1930s-Patt...TOR-20-38-/320571575892?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

I saw that this morning and laughed so hard.
You remember thar BIN bed jacket that has been listed like 47 times?
I actually contacted the seller and told them it's worth $18 MAX and that they
would never sell it at that price. And that some collectors were laughing at that price. They said, "But that's wh I have an 'or best offer' option." lol

That Du Barry will never sell.

LD

lareine

A-List Customer
Reminds me of somebody on TradeMe recently (NZ equivalent of eBay) who had listed a very ordinary Singer sewing machine, I think from the 1960s, for $1000. There were a number of comments at the bottom of the auction page asking if they were delusional or if they had missed a decimal point. Even $100 would have been over-ambitious!

I think a lot of people think that just because something is old it must be rare and valuable. Sadly not the case most of the time!

swinggal

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
It does. I knew that you and swinggal would understand my pain.

Haha...ooooh yeah. If I ever come a across something similar I'll let you know DPD. Sometimes I find really cool dress clips and buckles under 'Art Deco dress'. Typed something in incorrectly one and had a cool result :)

Drappa

One Too Many
I am about to cry. I got outbid in the last ten seconds and my bid was so high already. All week I have been dreaming up outfits with this dress and it was going to be my new staple. :cry:

!BzwI2q!!2k~$(KGrHqR,!hIEw5JsEZO7BM(bc4PGWg~~_3.JPG

!BzwIsMQBmk~$(KGrHqF,!ikEw5b4kd5PBM(bcZZ7Bg~~_3.JPG

!BzwJDz!EWk~$(KGrHqN,!icEw5rOJeqNBM(bdhuiLw~~_3.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ