Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
baby_butterfly said:
*sigh* I wanted it so much!........http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280552313302&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I know it was only simple but thats why I loved it. Anyone know a pattern similar to this?, I am in love with the shape.

ooohhh and this too: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300459797973&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I used to have a blue version of the first one. If I find it, you can have it for free if you pay priority shipping + $1.00 for paypal fees + insurance (so I don't have to go to the post office). I currently have everything stored, so ping me in 60 days to see if I found it for you. You'll have to be patient - I have 30 years of vintage to go through.

baby_butterfly

One of the Regulars
Vintage Betty said:
I used to have a blue version of the first one. If I find it, you can have it for free if you pay priority shipping + $1.00 for paypal fees + insurance (so I don't have to go to the post office). I currently have everything stored, so ping me in 60 days to see if I found it for you. You'll have to be patient - I have 30 years of vintage to go through.

Oh my gosh thank you, thats wonderful!!! and wow...30 years of vintage, I hope that will be me one day.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
baby_butterfly said:
Oh my gosh thank you, thats wonderful!!! and wow...30 years of vintage, I hope that will be me one day.

Nah, it's rather silly. Most of my vintage is in a size I can't wear because I had a baby a year ago and than fractured my knee so I can't work out to lose the weight. :eusa_doh: So, I'm sitting with a huge wardrobe that doesn't fit me. I should have liquidated 75%+ of this stuff years ago. I need to sell it off because it's just sitting here taking room and I'm still about 4 sizes too large to fit it. :(

As many women here will confirm, I have given a large amount of stuff away here on the Lounge for free (200-300 items). I'm selling some stuff too, if you want to PM me, but my prices are not ebay prices.

TexasTawny001

New in Town
Got away! :(

I ADORE vintage nighties! Esspecially the baby doll nighties with matching bloomers!

I couldn't sleep last night & I found this:

d1510649.jpg

I was soooo excited!! This afternoon after getting permission from Mister I went to buy it & it had sold! :(

If one of you great ladies got it, I know you'll love it like I would so it ok! But if you ever want to sell it do let me know!

Have great day all!

Foofoogal

Banned
I could see why you would be disappointed. It is lovely. I collect vintage lingerie and the sissy baby doll double chiffon ones are on top of my list.
Wasn't me though. lol

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
And another lucite purse slips away... this time I was out shopping and missed the end of the auction. :rage: I love turtles and thought the detail on this was cute.

lucitebag.jpg

wil7.jpg

Puzzicato

One Too Many
On Friday morning I saw a woman wearing the most amazing cinch belt - about 5" wide, and the clasp was a sort of filigree enamel design of cherry blossoms. I SHOULD have told her it was beautiful and asked her where she got it, but instead I missed my moment and have spent about 5 hours on the internet trying to find something similar. No luck.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
I was looking back in the thread and clicked on the links to see what they went for.

We have a new record on apron patterns!

LD

I can't help but think that the person who bought that is a moron. [huh]

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Okay, lets look at this as a collector would. Like someone who collects baseball cards.

Perhaps the graphic is rare in a way we dont know, or perhaps the pattern was designed by a specific designer on the McCall team. Or maybe the pattern is a fluke in the production line of this particular era in McCall's patterns. Could be a lot of reasons.

Did you look at the bid history? It jumped from $15 to $150 in one bid! Its either a hole in someone's collection, or in the pattern collecting world they know why they dropped that much money on it.

I still think they are crazy but, just sayin' :rolleyes:

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko