Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
You're right. The apron collectors I know typically do spend more money on patterns than most of the average pattern collectors. However, to me, it represents a trend in eBay pricing. I expect to see $30-50 patterns at retail sites and am not shocked to see $100 price tags at certain sites but there seem to be a growing number of $100 BIN or winning bids on eBay.

D

Deleted member 12480

i know!!

Was it just me or did it look like an extension, complete with 'bangs' on the front, that had been firmly attatched, a little too far forward?

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
Heh she could be Ivana's daughter I think. The beehive is fine, except the back view, poor girl. lol

That coat was a beauty :(

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I found this pattern with 5 minutes left, 2 bids, for less then 6USD (after shipping). I hummed and haaahed and then decided that there were probably several other bidders and snipes lurking so I let it go. I watched the countdown, waiting to be amused by the flurry of activity, and nothing happened.
B2PsDywBmkKGrHqIOKigEROnzGpBMhrs0hOfw_3.jpg

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
the Swirl that got away.

Ok it might have been a bit small anyway but a girl could lose 10 pounds for a swirl therefore I wasn't will to go as high as I might have gone because of the size issues it went for $104 hopefully one of you are giving it a good home.

B2LpZCWkKGrHqJjoEpmMuhtHBMhb0QZ5w0_12.jpg

baby_butterfly

One of the Regulars
Vintage Betty said:
I used to have a blue version of the first one. If I find it, you can have it for free if you pay priority shipping + $1.00 for paypal fees + insurance (so I don't have to go to the post office). I currently have everything stored, so ping me in 60 days to see if I found it for you. You'll have to be patient - I have 30 years of vintage to go through.

Vintage Betty I tried messaging you but I think it said your inbox was full, did you find the dress??

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Been watching these all week. Although I totally think they're worth the end bid I couldn't justify it for myself. I made a pair inspired by an almost identical pair from a 1938 Chicago Mail Order catalog, so it was really neat seeing an original pair. Kind of bummed they didn't find a home with me.
farmerette1.JPG

Original image from a catalog I have:
mex04.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner