Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Blondie said:
This went for $899.99 on Ebay
Do some people just have more money than sense ???

00000glasses.jpg

Is it a dress or pants at the bottom. And yes people have more money then sense lol lol

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
ShooShooBaby said:
it will get away because (a) i just bought a vanity, and (b) it's out of my price range (but still totally affordable at $250!!!) any portlanders want it???

2381850854_031ebcec16.jpg
That's so pretty I could cry.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
pat.jpg

$134 for this pattern. I saved a copy of the envelope front and back. I am hoping I can have someone make it for me for $250 or less.

Mojito

One Too Many
Don't know what the general market value on that catsuit is, but it had one effect on me...I've gone and mixed myself a cocktail!

Smuterella

One Too Many
That catsuit looks really cheap and tacky to me, and I'm sure it could also be fairly easily made. Was it a famous label?

ShortClara

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
pat.jpg

$134 for this pattern. I saved a copy of the envelope front and back. I am hoping I can have someone make it for me for $250 or less.

Holy *&*&^& that is amazing. I've never seen an open shoulder dress i liked even remotely, but I would feel like secks on a stick wearing that!

olive bleu

One Too Many
999.jpg

i just got outbid for these Bakelite glasses which i have been watching for about a week.They went for $36....I loved them :(

oh well..i really couldn't even afford my bid anyhow, so maybe it was fate.

I did end up with a new Doris Day record today though for 2 bucks, so it ain't all bad.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ShortClara said:
Holy *&*&^& that is amazing. I've never seen an open shoulder dress i liked even remotely, but I would feel like secks on a stick wearing that!

You ARE sex on a stick SC!

"Cold Shoulder" is the actual term for those dresses. I like them all! Very flattering on those of us with chubby upper arms, still gives the sleeveless effect without so much wobble.

But I am shrinking...

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
olive bleu said:
999.jpg

i just got outbid for these Bakelite glasses which i have been watching for about a week.They went for $36....I loved them :(

If it makes you feel better, these aren't bakelite. They're probably lucite. Bakelite was never was made in a pearlized color. It would have always been a solid color or transparent. Plus, bakelite fell out of fashion by the 1950s when these glasses would have been made. Lucite was the new "it" plastic.

olive bleu

One Too Many
well..i had kinda wondered about that..they were advertised as such, but it didn't quite seem right to me. However, I am far from an expert on this, so i guess i believed it..They were cute though, but i can't afford 36.00 for them anyway.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
deadpandiva said:
pat.jpg

Thats lovely, but not too hard Id imagine to make...Im sure a good seamstress could do it from the picture.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda