Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

MissHannah

One Too Many
There have been so many lately - here is just a selection. The pink blouse/jacket and the fox fur collar coat are apparently from Miss Von Teese herself but didn't go for the insane prices you might expect. And the Peggy Page playsuit actually only went for around £20, which is a relative bargain, but I was skintos! And the car was just a fantasy :)

116579707_tp.jpg
116686399_tp.jpg

8b93_1.jpg
8f2e_1.jpg

137578873_tp.jpg
8182_1.jpg

bbd1_1.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
Revelation Suitcase - didn't sell (it was on for £5!)
3f8e_1.jpg

Sea Nymph swimsuit sold for $14.61
black.jpg

Short sleeve cardigan $35.99
d1e2_1.jpg

All very reasonable prices. Damn my empty bank account!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Now I know I'm a lucite addict but crikey this is so expensive.....

3225_1.jpg

Just finished at: £549.31 or $1,075.00

Oh well one day I'll get a cute white lucite purse of my own,..... for a LOT less!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
artful dodgette said:
oh my god! that's gorgeous! nice price too!!! i bet a designer has snapped that up to copy it...!

I know, my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw it!!!

I'm sulking a bit about it at the moment, consoling myself by telling myself that it looks a bit like a kitsch dalek, but it's not working!lol

Shearer

Practically Family
AllaboutEve said:

I'm sulking a bit about it at the moment, consoling myself by telling myself that it looks a bit like a kitsch dalek, but it's not working!lol

lol Hahaha! A lucite Dalek! I'm a lucite nut, too... That's so over the top with rhinestones I can't believe it. Did they happen to list the maker on the auction? Such an unusual shape.

The Dalek comment made my day :) A lucite Dalek purse is truly worth having some day!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Shearer said:
lol Hahaha! A lucite Dalek! I'm a lucite nut, too... That's so over the top with rhinestones I can't believe it. Did they happen to list the maker on the auction? Such an unusual shape.

The Dalek comment made my day :) A lucite Dalek purse is truly worth having some day!

It may have been a Llewellyn? Here is the auction link for you:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230261621656&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013
I bet that seller made a tidy profit on it.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
These only went for about $10.50, but the seller only guessed the size and I didn't realize until the last minute that I hadn't contacted her to get exact measurements. Didn't think it was worth it to bid if I couldn't be sure they'd fit.
edb8_1.JPG

There was also a lot of 43 pair of FF stockings, in my size, with a black heel and seam, and nude toe (I really want some like this - I think they'll look better with peep-toed shoes). They went for $335!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I'm really upset at losing this one. It was just a few minutes before it ended and the power went out with a storm.
scan0009_007.jpg

marilynfan

New in Town
AllaboutEve said:

it genuinly does look like a dalek all it needs is the telescope thing and the wheels lol
on the subject of doctor who has anyone ever told you shortclara that you look like billie piper?...

ShortClara

One Too Many
marilynfan said:
on the subject of doctor who has anyone ever told you shortclara that you look like billie piper?...

Never until this week, and you're #2! I don't think the resemblance is strong, but she's lovely so I say thank you!

sixsexsix

Practically Family
ee053629.jpg

went for more than i could pay. lately i have been feeling pretty down and out about the inflated prices of vintage and i think this puts the nail in the coffin. after watching ebay pretty much every day, i give up trying to find anything affordable online.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24