Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
miss_elise said:
were they serious?!?

this fairly simply crinoline...

5643_1.jpg

$152.50!!!!!

Uhh...can we say "rip-off"? I used to clog-dance and we needed to wear petticoats like that under our dresses and I bought mine at a country western dancing store for like $25...the delusions of some people...

Josephine

One Too Many
MissAmelina said:
That's a bummer...I like it. It looks like a fuzzy apple pie! :)

Yeah, but I just found another that I like, for less at a Buy It Now. I emailed the person to see what the inside circumference is; it's a pillbox but I just want to be sure it's not really small on my big head. :)

texasgirl

One Too Many
Vanessa said:
blackbird-1226884741-22140.jpg

It hasn't ended yet - but my hopes of snagging it have faded fast as the pricetag creeps higher and higher. Sigh - it would have gone perfect with the new swallow marcasite brooch & screw-back earring set I just got as a present, too. Dang. I'm off to cry in the corner now.

I was watching that one too. It ended at $210. I thought it'd make a great Hitchcock "birds" outfit!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
649c_10.jpg

I forgot about it. I just wanted it for the sleeve treatment. :eusa_doh:
Oh well.

needles_buttons.jpg

I also wanted these because look at those graphics. That and vintage snap fastners are the best anywhere. But then I thought, gee, I dont want to start collecting needle books, and $70 is a lot for snap fastners, so, because Im sick of all the pearl buttons I have, I was glad when I got out bid.

*whew*

LD

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
649c_10.jpg

I forgot about it. I just wanted it for the sleeve treatment. :eusa_doh:
Oh well.

needles_buttons.jpg

LD
I believe it's Decades of style that have a pattern with the same sleeves. I should know because I made the top with those sleeves but I'm tired. I think it's called the butterfly blouse.

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
Although I couldn't begin to buy something this expensive ($324.99, plus shipping) I would have loved to have it
newtovintage
furcape008.jpg
. It is one of the most beautiful fur capes I have ever had the pleasure of seeing :( . I just hope it goes to someone who appreciates it.
Sarah

laurakitty

Familiar Face
Vanessa said:
blackbird-1226884741-22140.jpg

It hasn't ended yet - but my hopes of snagging it have faded fast as the pricetag creeps higher and higher. Sigh - it would have gone perfect with the new swallow marcasite brooch & screw-back earring set I just got as a present, too. Dang. I'm off to cry in the corner now.

I was watching that too! So gorgeous but too expensive, especially as it was too big for me and I would have to have it altered. I love all of the stuff she sells- her xs always fit me like a glove and are in perfect condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24