Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Here you go.....

P1050753.jpg
[/IMG]
P1050754.jpg
[/IMG]
P1050756.jpg
[/IMG]

Difficult to photograph,but this hat is brown.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Neil Young rocked a western telescope during the Olympic closing and I immediately thought of your photo.
This hat really looks like a meat pie ready for the oven...Just the right color and freshly rolled-out texture.
4397629238_dbcc48be14_o.jpg
4396888053_9dd1682de6_o.jpg

illumin8em

A-List Customer
congrats to all on your Open Roads, manages to look distinctly individual on each of your heads.

when I finally decided to sign up in Aug 08 (after nearly a year of lurking) it was to begin asking questions about open roads. It is silly to me that I have yet to own one, or even come close for that matter i have yet to have one on my head to try on.

anyone with a well used, stained, scuffed, chewed open road size 7 1/2", just laying around that wouldn't be too terrible missed by its brethren, let me know

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Tried to pm you....

illumin8em said:
Anyone with a well used, stained, scuffed, chewed open road size 7 1/2", just laying around that wouldn't be too terrible missed by its brethren, let me know .

But your inbox is full.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Cracker said:
Stetson 50 7X clear beaver, not stamped "Open Road" - I presume it still is considered OR style? Orginally posted in New Hats, but this pic shows its color better.

IMG_8585.jpg

I'm glad this worked out for you. It belonged to the previous owner's father and had very little wear. The closest thing I've had to it is the Resistol kitten finish - I know that the Resistol isn't the same quality felt, but the finish is similar. This Beaver 50 certainly has the Open Road proportions in my opinion, just a bit stiffer brim.

Stan

A-List Customer
At the risk of screwing up here

Hi,

I'm going to post this one here:

VSOR.jpg

I know. Thin ice here. It's not a Stetson Open Road.

It's what I got when I asked Art for a clone of a Stetson 7x Open Road.

I saw the one just above, and that reminded me of just how this particular hat came to be. I always wanted, heck, still do want, a Stetson 7x OR. But given what they usually sell for (when one manages to see one that is), I decided to give up and just spend the money on this one instead.

I had just shot the pix of it today, to use in a kickstart of the Thin Ribbon thread, and then came here to see what was new, and saw that 7x there. So, being armed with a hot new photo, and already posting some pix on the site, I decided to share this one over here as well.

later!

Stan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn