Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Hello gentlemen,
I've been a lurker and contributed a tiny amount here and there but I finally have a post worthy hat. I found this Open Road locally...but it doesn't fit. I wear a 7 1/2 and found a 7 5/8. I bought it anyway because the price was right and thought I could pad the sweat enough to make it work, but it still just feels too big and wobbles around on my head when I walk..oh well. I was wondering what you guys thought the vintage of this hat might be?
A real beaut. A fellow lounger suggested placing a slightly over sized hat in a hot car windows up can snug it up a bit. I haven't tried it yet but I would Lexol the leather first. I will join the list of many interested if you decide to part with it.
Tom D.

azshawn

Familiar Face
I hope these pictures will help.
DSCN1175.jpg

DSCN1172.jpg

I might have to take some better pictures this afternoon. These were taken early evening with pretty harsh western light

The Good

Call Me a Cab
At about 4:16 in this video, Alain Delon is wearing a light colored felt (I think, it's floppy looking though) hat in the film "Les Aventuriers." It appears to be turned up pretty sharply. Does this look like an Open Road to you, or is it something else, maybe more like a wider brimmed western hat? I haven't even seen the movie yet, it's very rare and hard to buy in the U.S. I own the soundtrack, which got me interested in maybe seeing the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyb4h-vvt4

James Pressley

New in Town
Stetson Open Road

I have a old Stetson Open Road that belonged to my grandfather. I got it cleaned up and have worn it some. However I really would like to have it shaped and cleaned professionally and also a new ribbon put on it.

Can someone recommend somebody to do this? And would you please post some pics of your OR's so I could get an idea as to how to have it shaped???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy