Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Other Open Roads.....

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'll have to look and see if my Wormser OR clone has a model name attached to it. I think I've seen Wide Countries by other makers than Resistol as well. Anyone else? But my Resistol Wide Country only has a 2 1/4" brim.

photoon11712at737pm.jpg

photoon11712at736pm.jpg

I don't know if this Windsor counts, it has all the appearance of an OR.
photoon11712at737pm2.jpg

The List...

Adam Adamajestic
Adam LBJ Style R
Adam Lonestar
Adam Mainliner
Adam Tan Texas (64 L.B.J.K)
Adam Texan
Adam Texarkana
Adam Waco
Akubra Campdraft
Alexander 4x4
Bailey Beaver 20 ??
Beaver Brand River Runner
Biltmore Open Road (Wilderness, Silver Buckle)
Bonar-Phelps L.B.J.
Borsalino Alessandria
Bradford Ltd Kingston
Byron ???
Champ Ranger
Champ Texan
Churchill Beaver 35 ??
Courtney ?? ( for Harry Livingston)
Disney Ranger
Dobbs 20 ???
Dobbs Westward
Dobbs West Open Trail
Dunlap 20 ???
Kenworth Imperial ???
Knox 20 ???
Knox Westlite
LaSalle ???
Lee Corral (JCPenney Marathon, Towncraft, etc.)
Lee Trail
Mallory Dallas
Miller Douglas (Beaver Brand or Biltmore ?)
Park Crest Western
Penney Marathon
Peter Bros Shady Oak Bankers Special
Portis Sterling
Portis Pathfinder
Resistol Dalworth
Resistol Saddler
Resistol San Antonio
Resistol The Wide Country
Resistol Waco
Richman Bros Rambler
Schoble Mainliner
Shudde Bros ???
Society Club ???
Stephen L. Stetson Open Road
Stevens The President
Stevens ??? (Imperial & DeLuxe)
Tanbark 1546
Windsor ???
Wormser 3X 10Star
Wormser Texan
Various Store brands (ie Richman Bros, et al)

Thanks Perry....

Last edited:

Mystic

Practically Family
I was surprised to see the Lee Trail on this list today. I won one on ebay last week and just received it today. I didn't think of it as a OR clone. I just didn't have a hat lighter than a tan and didn't have a thin ribbon.

I am quite pleased with this hat. The quality is better than I thought it would be. Very nice felt. It came open crown, I brushed it, did a quick dry bash just to play with it and took a couple of quick pics before putting it in the freezer for a couple of days as a precautionary measure.

Lee Trail:
IMG_0797.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0800.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg
[/IMG]

Mystic

Practically Family
Dang, Mystic! That's a stunner. Congratulations. Yowzers! You may well be the first person to ever put that one on, by the looks of it.

:eusa_clap

Thanks Randall, Yep, this hat is like brand new. I may have to get me another thin ribbon to wear. And, keep this one for a Sunday go t' meetin' hat.

Last edited:
I see Biltmore Wilderness is already on the list but looking at Mike's recent purchase, Wilderness is a "collection" not a model.
Mine has Silver Buckle on it. I'll need to re-check the product tag on the sweatband to see if I can see any more details.
Stay tuned...

Okay, no sign of model designation on the label but the label is marked 5X but the sweatband states 4X quality....where did that X come from?

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
OR clone I got for free

Yes, that's right, free. I'd purchased a Champ Kasmir finish OR clone. The seller emailed me, refunding my money, as the hat I'd bought had been destroyed by moths -- and he was sending me a similar hat with much less damage, for free. This is it, a no-brand with soft felt, a fairly stiff 2.5" brim, and about a 5" crown at its high point.

Now that I've padded the sweat a little and swooped the brim to my taste, it's quite sharp and will make a nice beater:
100_1183.jpg

100_1184.jpg

Here's the liner crest. "Moveo et Proficio," it says, which sounds familiar:
100_1185.jpg

And a stern shot. You'll see that I haven't gotten out the hints of where the original cattleman's bash was, but I'm working on it:
100_1187.jpg

All in all, it's a pleasant lid. I'll try cleaning it a little, but it's surprisingly nice as it is. Oh, and the sweatband has "Scarbrough & Sons, Austin" stamped on it. Anybody have any idea what brand it might be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk