Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Palm Beach suit thread

jweaks

New in Town
Can someone point me to the thread/post that had photos and date analysis of Palm Beach tags? It may have been this thread but I can't find the photos. They may have expired and are no longer visible. I just picked up a tux with a black on white PB-Goodall tag and I need to date it. Thanks!

st63

New in Town
So what are the odds of walking into a relatively small vintage store tucked away in a residential neighborhood in Richmond Va. and coming across a real Palm Beach suit, in mint condition, in a size 42? That was my good fortune recently, and I happily snapped it up. This was the real deal, with the Goodall-Sanford label intact, along with the "union made" label in the inner breast pocket dating it from '49-53. In the same pocket I found the original inventory tags, neatly clipped and carefully tucked away. Being 6'2, 200lbs, it's challenging to find a vintage suit that fits, let alone one that fits so well off the rack! The photo shows how it fits with NO alteration....it's as though I'd left it there on consignment in a previous life. I considered nipping the jacket in a bit at the waist, but that would defeat the purpose of the "box look" so popular in that period. I think I'll leave it as is. They're still out there!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...set=o.80907559004&type=1&theater&notif_t=like

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
10525918_429124647229751_647419012516672410_n.jpg

That was a nice find!

st63

New in Town
Thanks all, it was indeed a lucky find! And vintage.vendeuse, I DO love those old leather suitcases :)

DamianM

Vendor
Last one and only earliest piece we have seen of palm beach just sold for $600.
It was late 10s-early 20s with a pleated belted back

DamianM

Vendor
I lost the link But a friend ended up taking it.

We were planning on taking measurements and see how we can copy the cut.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran