Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

Brooksie

One Too Many
Odalisque said:
I've been asked to pose for a vintage photo shoot! It's not pin-up exactly but I'm still very excited! :D This thread has been really inspiring. I'm hoping to have a dress made for it:
af64_1.jpg

This lovely thing by TopRunway.
I'm selling some dresses in the classifieds to pay for it if anyone is interested. Hopefully, I can scrap up the money in time to have it made.

How exciting I can't wait to see the pictures. That dress is wonderful too.

Brooksie

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
I was playing with the settings on photoshop and found a cool way to make pictures look more like the old pin ups... you know that kind of painted look...

Before:
000002op2.jpg

After:
000002pinupee9.jpg

If anyone is wondering and has paintshop you go to filter: artistic: and then do paint daubs, you have to fiddle with the settings a little, then do the Underpainting, and fiddle with those until it looks about right... But I think it looks pretty cool :)

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
o0olibelulao0o said:
I was playing with the settings on photoshop and found a cool way to make pictures look more like the old pin ups... you know that kind of painted look...

Before:
000002op2.jpg

After:
000002pinupee9.jpg

If anyone is wondering and has paintshop you go to filter: artistic: and then do paint daubs, you have to fiddle with the settings a little, then do the Underpainting, and fiddle with those until it looks about right... But I think it looks pretty cool :)

Fun! You are so darn pretty :D

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
:eek: haha thanks. you guys are so sweet. I had alot of fun trying to figure out the best way to make it look like it was kind of painted. I'll have to fiddle some more, the eyes are a little too painted looking :) But I think i like it :)

Grant Fan

Practically Family
cherry lips said:
Grant Fan - In the February pic you're a dead ringer for Rita Hayworth - respect!

Oh my goodness you are too sweet. That just made my week, perhaps my month. I adore Rita, I make my hair red because she made her's red and well we also have some weird similarities. I am definitely blushing over here

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
Grant Fan:

Grant fan: I love your pin up pictures! I edited a couple of them to look like the vintage pin-ups (hope you don't mind) If you don't mind (and want to see them) I can post them later :) or PM you :)

Mojito

One Too Many
There is something about your look, Kadri, that just captures a different era so perfectly. I don't think it can be isolated into elements, either - certainly it's partly your eyebrow shape, partly your face shape, and partly your styling, but I think that there is something innately vintage in your look, and not just in the way you've refined it. Lovely photos!

Kadri

Familiar Face
This is the most wonderful compliment I've ever gotten, Mojito!
Thank you so much!:eek:

Especially,because it's coming from someone,who loooks like the 20's personified herself! ;)

Brooksie

One Too Many
Mojito said:
There is something about your look, Kadri, that just captures a different era so perfectly. I don't think it can be isolated into elements, either - certainly it's partly your eyebrow shape, partly your face shape, and partly your styling, but I think that there is something innately vintage in your look, and not just in the way you've refined it. Lovely photos!

You know I thought this exact same thing!

vampygirl13

One of the Regulars
You're all gorgeous! Seriously---I'm so jealous of these pics! :D

As a reward for reaching my Weight Watchers goal, I'm going to have a shoot done but not sure of who to use.

I've always loved Viva Van Story's pics--has anyone had experience with her? I live in Pittsburgh, so I'm sure I'd be traveling unless anyone knows anyone in my area?

Or Vegas area? DH and I may be going this year and then we can go and have fun and get a shoot done!

Thanks for any help!

PS

A-List Customer
I am in pittsburgh too but I do not know of anyone. Try searching modelmayhem.com. You can't do to much searching if you aren't a memeber but it can at least point you in the direction of photographers in our area. maybe i'll go look too and see what i can find for ya!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner