Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Mary-Thank you! I filled in my lips with a MAC lipliner in Cherry,then used Revlon's Certainly Red lipstick over that. I did apply a bit of MAC lipglass in the center of my upper and lower lip.

Thank you Everyone! Most of what I know I've picked up here.
I have to say this shoot was a bit uncharacteristic for me. I'm very comfortable doing vintage fashion inpired shoots or Pin Up that's more on the cutesy side. Glad I did it, I am pleased with the results!

As for the mile-long legs. Mine aren't bad for my lack of height. To give ya'all a clue,that red velvet chair is for a vanity.[huh]

Foofoogal

Banned
There is something about your look, Kadri, that just captures a different era so perfectly. I don't think it can be isolated into elements, either - certainly it's partly your eyebrow shape, partly your face shape, and partly your styling, but I think that there is something innately vintage in your look, and not just in the way you've refined it. Lovely photos!

I totally agree with Mojito. You look plucked out of a 1920s movie. Amazing.

crazydaisy. You are just beautiful.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
thank you, Foofoogal, it's nice when somebody has a kind word for you, in spite of the photos perhaps not being quite right for the thread.

Brooksie

One Too Many
rubyredlocks said:
Mary-Thank you! I filled in my lips with a MAC lipliner in Cherry,then used Revlon's Certainly Red lipstick over that. I did apply a bit of MAC lipglass in the center of my upper and lower lip.

Thank you Everyone! Most of what I know I've picked up here.
I have to say this shoot was a bit uncharacteristic for me. I'm very comfortable doing vintage fashion inpired shoots or Pin Up that's more on the cutesy side. Glad I did it, I am pleased with the results!

As for the mile-long legs. Mine aren't bad for my lack of height. To give ya'all a clue,that red velvet chair is for a vanity.[huh]

Ruby these pics are stunning! You mention a lack of height I always thought you were tall, you appear to be in your pictures. I know at one time you had said you thought about giving up modeling. I am so glad you have not because you have always been a big inspiration to me, I have been wanting to start modeling for a few years now but I have always chickened out one of the reasons is because of my age and I believe we are about the same age so because of you and a lot of the other gals on this forum I finally said -I Can Do It! So I sincerely thank you! My new years resolution was to go for it and I have had several photo shoots since then. Pics to follow...

Brooksie

One Too Many
Brooksie's Elvgren Themed Photo Shoot

Photos by Frank Desantis Photography, Portland Oregon.

desantis_8990_brooksie.jpg

desantis_9032_brooksie.jpg

desantis_8924_brooksie.jpg

desantis_8931_brooksie.jpg

Brooksie

One Too Many
Thanks Mojito, I had loads of fun doing this shoot. I did a roaring 20's themed one just prior to this Elvgren one and I will have to post those pics in the 1920's chic and whimsey thread.

Brooksie

Brooksie

One Too Many
Thanks Cherry Lips, I have to say I keep coming back to this thread from time to time for inspiration and I do have to say that I have very much enjoyed looking at your pictures too.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Not extremely Pin-up, but here is one from my latest shoot. I like the crinoline showing through!
3470516809_aeb932741f_o.jpg

I dont like the blurry soft focus though, that is a little strange. but oh well :)

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
exquisitebones said:
Not extremely Pin-up, but here is one from my latest shoot. I like the crinoline showing through!
3470516809_aeb932741f_o.jpg

I dont like the blurry soft focus though, that is a little strange. but oh well :)
You look so relaxed and radiant!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav