Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

shutterbug

New in Town
I've only ever done one pin up shoot myself...it was two hairstyles and about 14 tattoos ago lol

flmellying6040-1.jpg

Photo: Jenna Marsh
MUAH: Kate Leth

These are a few that I have shot....

kate_9603-1.jpg

wwkate_9508.jpg

wwchatelle.jpg

BoPeep

Practically Family
Welcome to the Lounge, Melanie! Very classy photos. I wished I lived closer to you. Anyone know of a good pin-up photographer in Wisconsin?!

pin_up_pixie

New in Town
Thank you so much everyone!

tuppence- my clothes come from all over. The sailor dress and Marie dress are cheepie costumes from hot topic, the peach nightie is vintage, the black dress is Betsy Johnson, and the corset is from Fredrick's.

BoPeep- www.pinuplifestyle.com has a ton of pinup photographers, and you can look them up by city. I'm sure you could find one in your area.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
The gil elvgren style painting of me.. I am in awe!! Now where should I put it??

BTW if any of the ladies wants to know the artist, let me know! He painted this of a photograph.

painting.jpg

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Lovely,lovely work ladies!

I am officially retired from the front of the camera,but still peruse this forum for inspiration.

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
Well, I suppose these aren't exactly vintage... in the slightest. unless like me you are a nearly-21 year old who longs for the Golden Era of... the mid 1970s. :p But I ogle this thread so much I thought hey someone might appreciate these nifty thigh high zebra boots

inappropriatethighhighzebraboots.jpg

I really like that the soles and inside of the heels are red:
boots008.jpg

One more, as a link (one with my whole entire face in it) - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/Vainglory/inappropriatethighhighzebraboots2.jpg
(problems with this photo as per fashion-don'ts I have seen listed on the FL: badly faded (unnatural) hair colour, roots grown out, excessive and unnatural looking blush, bare midriff, shiny pants/leggings worn as pants, parts of undergarments showing... yikes)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
You are of course right LM, I forgot! I need to get a Esther Williams 40s style swimsuit! I want to order this one, that looks very vintage- maybe in a print if they make it up in that...
11101-sheath-solid-gold2.jpg

LizzieMaine said:
Let's keep in mind, folks, that photos posted in this thread need to have vintage relevance in terms of costuming, makeup etc. Modern bathing suit or underwear shots don't fit the mission statement, thanks.

Mary

Practically Family
I love it!!! My immediate thought was to put it in the kitchen. You look delicious! And it'd be nice to glance at while doing dull kitchen chores.

Darhling said:
The gil elvgren style painting of me.. I am in awe!! Now where should I put it??

BTW if any of the ladies wants to know the artist, let me know! He painted this of a photograph.

painting.jpg

D

Deleted member 12480

Hey - does anyone know where i can buy a pin-uppy style bikini?
(i'm not exactly well endowed up north and i think i would look positively 'tween' in a swimsuit)

xxxx

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Femme Fatale

I've been dying to do a photoshoot, it's been too long since I've heard the sweet sound of clicking cameras. Last Friday I enjoyed delicious drinks and an impromtu photoshoot at my friend's house. My theme for the night was poison: I was wore petroleum and a black skull ring. I was trying to look serious, but the spririts went to my head. At least my laughter is evil.

fed3-1.jpg

fed2-1.jpg

fed4b.jpg

fed1-1.jpg

fed7.jpg

fed5.jpg

Photos: Gustav Ohlsson

December

One of the Regulars
deleteduser said:
(i'm not exactly well endowed up north and i think i would look positively 'tween' in a swimsuit)

xxxx

I got mine from oli.co.uk

It's not a bikini, but I'm sure they have some on there.

Or try the Frost French bikinis on the Debenhams website. Some of them are to die for!!

Miss Jay

New in Town
deleteduser said:
I got mine from mybabyjo. I'm also not the most well endowed, and it looks fine on me - I don't think I'd want to swim laps in it though!

... and this now seems an appropriate moment to add some photos from the pinup for a day shoot I did last year...
_MG_4844-1web.jpg

_MG_4830-1web.jpg

Smuterella

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
I've been dying to do a photoshoot, it's been too long since I've heard the sweet sound of clicking cameras. Last Friday I enjoyed delicious drinks and an impromtu photoshoot at my friend's house. My theme for the night was poison: I was wore petroleum and a black skull ring. I was trying to look serious, but the spririts went to my head. At least my laughter is evil.

you really are adorable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff