Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

BoPeep

Practically Family
Here's the event coverage from the Miss Symco Pin-Up contest held at the Symco Shakedown Traditional Hotrod show this past weekend. It was 23 smalltown girls that gave it their all and had a blast! Lolita Haze didn't do such a bad job emceeing, either. ;)

http://willowhomestead.blogspot.com/2011/08/and-winner-is.html
group.jpg

Oleander

New in Town
Hello,

I'm new and feel a bit silly posting this in here with so many beautiful photos, but here's my approximation of a pinup shot:

4rb42p.jpg

I hope to be able to take better ones soon.

I love looking at everyone's pictures!

Love,
Oleander

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
A friend of mine is trying to get in to photography and asked me to do a photoshoot. Being a teacher these are as pin uppy as I get (or that would ever get posted online!!...

Untitl1edsized.jpg

DSC_0594sized.jpg

DSC_0587sized.jpg

DSC_0491sized.jpg

DSC_0479sized.jpg

DSC_0447sized.jpg

DSC_0440sized.jpg

DSC_0411sized.jpg

DSC_0377sized.jpg

There are tons more but I think these are the best. I think they turned out ok despite the fact that it was pouring rain that day and we didn't get to go to the places he wanted to go and the fact that I was extremely self-conscience...

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Whilst I would NEVER proclaim to be a pin-up, I recently have a pin-up style photo shoot with a relatively new company in Somerset called The Starlet Studio. I wore my own clothes but had hair and make-up done along with a "posing tutor"! It was great fun!

sslaura_wm015.jpg

sslaura_wm011.jpg

sslaura_wm009.jpg

sslaura_wm008.jpg

sslaura_wm004.jpg

sslaura_wm003.jpg

You're all so lovely!!

Oleander

New in Town
Well you shouldn't feel silly, as you look divine! Lovely photo. I also love the name Oleander too.

Dear Miss Sophie,

Thank you kindly for the nice words. I really want some done that are colorful and beautiful like the others here. Maybe someday!

Love,
Oleander

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Oh thank you Black Dahlia.

I'm in the UK but recently went to Las Vegas for a trip and visited the Bettie Page store. They have that dress in a gorgeous green too. I was like a pig in the proverbial in that shop! I bought one of the Gil Elvgren reproductions there and the Lauren Rennels make-up book. I wish we had more stores like that near me but there's always online shopping!

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Oleander,Lorelai99,AdrianLvsRocky and Grant Fan
Four more great sets of photos, I like how every one has a slighlty different take.

Thanks!! I like that about all the photos too!! I don't think that my photos would be nearly as good with a different photographer, he has a way of making me feel good about myself (not that I'd EVER tell him that!!!) probably why he is one of my best friends!! Love seeing everyone's photos, it puts a better face on who is talking on these boards!! (especially for those without avatars!)

BoPeep

Practically Family
Lorelai99 and AdrianLvsRocky - so fun! You both look great! Even if you don't think you are a pin-up, you've got the playful spirit and that's what's important!

Oleander

New in Town
Dear Paul,

I really enjoy looking at all the different looks, too. A great-looking bunch of people here at the Lounge, I'd say!

Love,
Oleander

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk