Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
The dress looks like it's from the 50s-60s decade turn, my favorite turn ever! The bow detail feels more mid-60s though, which I love just as much!
You look stunning in the second pic as well, with pale lips and smoldering eyes.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Cherry lips, it's one of my favorite dresses! and thank you Black Dahlia.
Heres one more:
246840_10150263454241043_547631042_9382067_7974743_n.jpg

We also did a modernized look after:
250675_10150263459041043_547631042_9382119_2266435_n.jpg

Beautiful and I have that very same H&M dress, and the polka dot version. ;0
X
BD

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
Thanks so much ladies :)
It's an adorable dress isn't it black dahlia? I had to let it out about an inch in the back, but it was 50% off and i had to have it!

raya

New in Town
I came across this website and I thought it might interest the readers of this thread. Actually I was not sure if it should go here or under "vintage bath suits" or "world war II" threads, hopefully the moderator will place it in the appropriate thread. The title may discourage, hopefully not offend, but looking through the various links you see the various styles of swimsuit, hair styles and footwear in that by gone era.

http://www.skylighters.org/photos/pinups.html

ray

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
I came across this website and I thought it might interest the readers of this thread. Actually I was not sure if it should go here or under "vintage bath suits" or "world war II" threads, hopefully the moderator will place it in the appropriate thread. The title may discourage, hopefully not offend, but looking through the various links you see the various styles of swimsuit, hair styles and footwear in that by gone era.

ray

Thanks for this! As a vintage and pin-up novice, I look forward to going through these pages.

And RockyHorror, you are so gorgeous!

Lily Powers

Practically Family

ray

Love the all the vintage photos this site offers, thanks for posting the link.

BoPeep

Practically Family
^^^ Thanks for that link! Great tips. I love looking through old mags to get a sense of how they posed. A bit cheesy by today's standards, but then, are today's standards better?

Odalisque

A-List Customer
^^^ Thanks for that link! Great tips. I love looking through old mags to get a sense of how they posed. A bit cheesy by today's standards, but then, are today's standards better?

True but I do find something charming about vintage fashion spreads, maybe it's just a tastefulness that today's modeling lacks. Makes me wonder what people 50 years from now will think when they look at fashion spreads from our era...

slouching-models-2preview.jpg

Going off some fashion ads lately, you'd think everyone in the 21st century had horrible posture :D

maisie

Practically Family
Hi all, I haven't posted here before so don't know if this is the right place to put it, but i just entered a competition over here and was wondering if you lovely ladies would be willing to vote for me, or even cast a vote for any of the other glamorous ladies that have entered. I would be super grateful :D!!!

This is me :), I was aiming for a later 1940s early 1950s vibe...
264851_10150229867407657_30797112656_7451999_5211826_n1.jpg

The link is below, but I think you may have to like the group before you can see the pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...94862572657.304998.30797112656&type=1&theater
Maisie is a nickname just incase anyone was wondering :)

Louise Anne

Suspended
Some of you may remember this outfit from my thread several months ago, this is a photo taken by a young professional fashion photographer in a studio and it's her take on the look. (top photo)
The shoes are new ( I cannot find vintage shoes in my size) ever thing else you see was made between 1948 and 1960.

4ca1eeb219df9.jpg

Personally I did not intend to do this second photo however the photographer said we should do a more Pin up style with just Lingerie, it is reproduction lingerie 1940's/50 style as you can see. The makeup should have been more period however the makeup artist was not too experience and just starting out.
Image1q.jpg

It was my first attempt and I may be back in the studio again in a few month time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112