The Pinup Thread

Discussion in 'The Front Parlor' started by Elaina, Sep 27, 2006.

1. cherry lips

cherry lips Call Me a Cab

The dress looks like it's from the 50s-60s decade turn, my favorite turn ever! The bow detail feels more mid-60s though, which I love just as much!
    You look stunning in the second pic as well, with pale lips and smoldering eyes.

2. Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia Call Me a Cab

Beautiful and I have that very same H&M dress, and the polka dot version. ;0
    X
    BD

3. BoPeep

BoPeep Practically Family

Almost doesn't look like the same girl! Ah, the power of red lipstick! Amazing!

4. RockyHorror

RockyHorror One of the Regulars

Thanks so much ladies :)
    It's an adorable dress isn't it black dahlia? I had to let it out about an inch in the back, but it was 50% off and i had to have it!

5. susan

susan Familiar Face

@Rocky Horror: Beautiful pictures, I love your eyebrows :)

6. RockyHorror

RockyHorror One of the Regulars

thanks susan! I wish I could take credit for them

7. raya

raya New in Town

I came across this website and I thought it might interest the readers of this thread. Actually I was not sure if it should go here or under "vintage bath suits" or "world war II" threads, hopefully the moderator will place it in the appropriate thread. The title may discourage, hopefully not offend, but looking through the various links you see the various styles of swimsuit, hair styles and footwear in that by gone era.

http://www.skylighters.org/photos/pinups.html

ray

8. MissLaurieMarie

MissLaurieMarie One of the Regulars

Thanks for this! As a vintage and pin-up novice, I look forward to going through these pages.

And RockyHorror, you are so gorgeous!

9. Lily Powers

Lily Powers Practically Family

Love the all the vintage photos this site offers, thanks for posting the link.

10. Odalisque

Odalisque A-List Customer

11. BoPeep

^^^ Thanks for that link! Great tips. I love looking through old mags to get a sense of how they posed. A bit cheesy by today's standards, but then, are today's standards better?

12. Odalisque

Odalisque A-List Customer

True but I do find something charming about vintage fashion spreads, maybe it's just a tastefulness that today's modeling lacks. Makes me wonder what people 50 years from now will think when they look at fashion spreads from our era...

[​IMG]

Going off some fashion ads lately, you'd think everyone in the 21st century had horrible posture :D

13. BoPeep

14. cherry lips

cherry lips Call Me a Cab

^Haha! Love it BoPeep!

15. maisie

maisie Practically Family

Hi all, I haven't posted here before so don't know if this is the right place to put it, but i just entered a competition over here and was wondering if you lovely ladies would be willing to vote for me, or even cast a vote for any of the other glamorous ladies that have entered. I would be super grateful :D!!!

This is me :), I was aiming for a later 1940s early 1950s vibe...
    [​IMG]

The link is below, but I think you may have to like the group before you can see the pictures:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...94862572657.304998.30797112656&type=1&theater
    Maisie is a nickname just incase anyone was wondering :)

16. C-dot

C-dot Call Me a Cab

Heey, you're cute :) That picture looks like a wartime postcard!

OT: We have the same first name!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  17. Miss Moonlight

Miss Moonlight A-List Customer

I love your look, not cookie-cutter like so many retro-model gals these days. I voted/liked for you. :)

18. Kitty_Sheridan

Kitty_Sheridan Practically Family

We've all voted for you Laura!
    :D

19. Louise Anne

Louise Anne Suspended

Some of you may remember this outfit from my thread several months ago, this is a photo taken by a young professional fashion photographer in a studio and it's her take on the look. (top photo)
    The shoes are new ( I cannot find vintage shoes in my size) ever thing else you see was made between 1948 and 1960.

[​IMG]

Personally I did not intend to do this second photo however the photographer said we should do a more Pin up style with just Lingerie, it is reproduction lingerie 1940's/50 style as you can see. The makeup should have been more period however the makeup artist was not too experience and just starting out.
    [​IMG]

It was my first attempt and I may be back in the studio again in a few month time.

20. maisie

maisie Practically Family

Thank you :D!! x